Samsung Kies Not InstallingSupport

1. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

I am trying to update my Galaxy III to Jellybean. I downloaded KIES and ran it, but it bombs at installing the Drivers. Says No Drivers Found ???

Any ideas what to do ?

Advertisement
  2. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

which os are u trying to install it on?
  3. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

Windows 7
  4. silentwitness

5. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

Same result ... nada

I have an AT&T carrier, why should I install Verizon drivers ??
  6. oNOVAo

oNOVAo Active Member

Some virus protections can cause problems with kies and also if you have tried to install in and it has crashed and left some files on the computer it wont re install untill all files have been removed.
  7. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

Just for kicks, I tried it on another computer, running XP PRO.

SAME results ... two computers busted, I doubt it. I guess I'll
    wait till KIES is ready for Prime Time.

rs
  8. silentwitness

is ure phone connected to the pc when u try installing kies? Do u have a memory card inserted in the phone? If u do try removing the memory card and connect the phone to the pc.
  9. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

Has anyone ACTUALLY upgraded their phone to Jellybean ??? If so, you are the
    one I want to talk to.

I am getting some wacky responses, and I know they mean well, at least I hope
    they do. But, it seems to me that none of them have actually done the upgrade.
  10. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

I have upgraded to JB using Kies, but this would not have anything to do with not being able to install Kies on the PC. You may have a bad download of the installation file. Go to the Samsung web site and download it again and see if it will install the drivers.

Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung
  11. silentwitness

12. w1ksz

w1ksz Member

My problem was and still is that it will not install the "Drivers", I spent the better part
    of an hour with Samsung Tech Support (that was fun) and I am convinced they have
    no idea how to make this thing work.

So, until they get their %$#@ straight, I will forgo the pleasure of upgrading to
    JellySnot !!