1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Kies now OK on Windows 7 64-bit???General

Last Updated:

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

I am seriously considering the GS3 as an upgrade to my now full HTC Desire. But before I take the plunge there is one serious question that I need an answer to.

Before the Desire I owned a series of Samsung phones, the last of which was the Tocco. But when I got a new PC running Win 7 64-bit I suddenly found that it would not recognise the Tocco when I connected the two together. My phone was effectively downgraded to just...a phone. :mad:

For months Samsung stated that their drivers would not work with any 64-bit OS (including Vista). So because they were so slow in getting up to 64-bit speed I decided to abandon Samsung in favour of HTC.

My opinion is that the GS3 will be a better phone than the One X (for what I need it for anyway). But I now seriously need to know whether the 64-bit problem has been solved? Can owners of the GS2 or GNexus please let me know if they have any problems with Kies on Win 7 64-bit?

I also know that Samsung have started OTA updates. Does that apply to all updates including major ones, e.g. Gingerbread to ICS? Or does that have to be done via Kies?

Thanks for any advice. :)

Advertisement
  2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

I have been using Kies on Win7 64bit for six months or longer.
  3. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

Does it really matter ? nowadays you can just send everything over wifi..
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Kies works fine on my Win 7 64. I just used it to download a new updated firmware for my Tmo GS2.
  5. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the replies. That removes that doubt. GS3 it will be then - unless of course any serious problems raise their heads once the phone hits the markets.
  6. adham3

adham3 New Member

Nice, now I would like that kies found my GS2 on win 7 64bit & still trying, is there any thing I miss!? thanks in advance
  7. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

i was using kies on my win 7 64bit and now using it on my win 8 64 bit also with no issues. although to be honest u dont really need kies.