samsung kies & samsung note problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. harrihippi

harrihippi Member

I just received my samsung galaxy note and went to connect it to kies and all I got was a message saying YOUR DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT SOFTWARE UPGRADES VIA KIES. I updated kies, went to the trouble shooting, restarted my computer as well as the phone and still I get this message. Has anyone here had this same problem??? if so, and you solved it, please help me out on this. Thanks much.

Advertisement
    sidleeks likes this.
  2. sidleeks

sidleeks New Member

I am facing the same problem (see attached file).

Attached Files:

• snap.jpg
      snap.jpg
      File size:
      630.7 KB
      Views:
  3. dt99

dt99 Member

U need to uncheck USB debugging for connect to KIES with USB cable.
    Enable USB debugging for mount internal flash/external sdcard and NO KIES.
  4. sidleeks

sidleeks New Member

Thank you for the prompt reply, unfortunately after I uncheck or check the USB debugging, still the same (please see attached file).

Attached Files:

• USB.jpg
      USB.jpg
      File size:
      306.6 KB
      Views:
  5. dt99

dt99 Member

Not that USB debugging. In Programs USB debugging.
    If that still dont work, keep unchecked there (at program), open KIES and in there use reinstall drivers. Then see if KiesTrayAgent process is running, after reinstalled drivers, that process must be running if KIES gonna work.
  6. Jagjeet

Jagjeet New Member

you may go to the samsung website and download the latest kies
  7. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member

Ok one more forum to post this. :p

All note phones with kl7 kl8 will have this message because Samsung did withdraw those firmwares due too bugs they said, i guess security flaws. So till a new firmware upgrade comes your phone will say this. If you are not one those 2 or a custom Rom. Then disable as said above usb debugging under application>development>usb debugging
  8. sidleeks

sidleeks New Member

Thank you for all the info, but still do not work, I guess got to wait for the new firmware upgrade comes.
  9. erock4647

erock4647 New Member

This USB debugging worked for me. I reinstalled kies twice in an hour and it resulted in the same issue 'not able to connect to device'. I disconnected, disabled usb debugging and then with in a sec, it connected fine.
  10. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

i can confirm this, i'm also on kl8 and latest kies and no problem connecting to kies. disab
  11. sidleeks

sidleeks New Member

Attached Files:

• snap.jpg
      snap.jpg
      File size:
      630.7 KB
      Views: