Samsung Knows The Phone Lags, and will release a new firmware.

Last Updated:

1. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found this video she shows how the phone lags and gives long slow responses with black screen samsung will be releasing a new firmware.
    Old videos new options out and lagfix

Advertisement
    2FR35H likes this.
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Sweet good look. See Samsung is on top of their devices even before its out.

3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

We can only wait till the 15th to find out.

4. The K-Zoo Kid

The K-Zoo Kid Well-Known Member

I wish i wouldn't of watched that :(

5. jree

jree Well-Known Member

You can borrow my cliq for a day to make you feel a little better:p

bluetwo likes this.
  6. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

just got back from using one at my local store, doesnt lag much at all, and definately no 30 second pauses like in that video.

I believe that wirefly video the guy reviewing it did not use a task manager of any kind, and with every app open itll definately lag like that in that video.

7. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Task Managers (killers) are mostly a gimmick with these phones, and are essentially useless. They're designed to multi-task. The majority of videos I've seen don't have this lag. Also, my friend was able to play with one over a month ago via Samsung rep, and he said it was amazingly smooth and fast. I have a feeling that firmware was already applied to the US versions.

8. landale

landale Well-Known Member

I guess we will all see on Thursday when we get them. One of the more interesting ways to tell will be when Verizon releases theirs. We know they are super tough on phones and with the exception of the first Storm will never release anything unless it's running to their satisfaction.

9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

10. Puraw Wave

Puraw Wave Well-Known Member

I used one for a while in store today and didn't see any of the lag. Was so, so smooth.

11. landale

landale Well-Known Member

I just got back from checking one out at the store and also confirm there is no lag even with several apps open. My guess is the cause for the lag are the samsung widgets. Which shouldn't be an issue for me as the samsung widgets suck and I don't see why I would ever use them.

12. jree

jree Well-Known Member

This phone better be coming out this Thursday. Boths sides of the screen on my cliq have completley stopped responding to my touch.....Kinda like my wife

RaistlinMajere and The K-Zoo Kid like this.
  13. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Haha... It is coming out Thursday. Guaranteed.

jree likes this.
  14. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Thanks...Just by judging from you device list it looks like your in the same boat as me with your phone. I came so close to buying an HD2. really glad I didnt do it. It seems like the minutes that pass take just as long as the days.

15. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

I did buy an HD2, but took it back. If it came loaded with 2.1 instead of W-MO 6.5, I don't think I could have been strong and returned it. Glad I did, though. :DCan't wait for this phone!

16. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

That was too funny! Hopefully not true.:eek:

17. missmeganalexis

missmeganalexis New Member

Hello everyone! I have had my vibrant for about 2 months now. For those of you saying you played with one in the store and saw it on a youtube video and it did not lag at all need to understand that a phone in the store with barely anything on accept what it came with is going to run smooth, if it didnt...it wouldnt sell now would it?

We dont spend money on a cool phone like the Samsung Vibrant for it to not be capable to handle what is claims it can. I personally have barely anything on my phone accept for a few games I play and my contacts and very little music and my phone Lags constantly...the screen turns black, freezes.

It has a lot of issues. I am hoping with the 2.2 froyo update that things will improve or Im going back to my iphone with At&t!

So please dont comment saying the phone works fine because you played with a store model for 10 mins!

Take Care, and God Bless!

18. sahil04

sahil04 Member

I've had my phone for about a month now:

My phone was fine when I first got it
    My phone was fine using it for a week or two stock (while I read up about lag fixes/roms/etc...)
    My phone was fine after I rooted it and installed OCLF (faster for sure).
    My phone was (is) fine after flashing Core 1.2 and Bionix.

Although I did brick my phone a couple times in the process, last brick I had was when installing Bionix and I had to revert back to the stock Pre-JI6 firmware and damn that seems so slow now. :eek: