Samsung live chat.General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a few minutes to kill and decided to jump into the samsung live chat and see what they had to say about the lack of support for the phone.

Where did this guy get HTC Incredible from? and why is he even talking about it in a samsung support chat?

Advertisement
    czstewart and pioja31 like this.
  2. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

lol

Thanks Mike, thats the most entertaining thing I have read all day!
  3. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

this s**t had me rolling man its like that anywhere you call you hear some hilarious stuff from those dudes
  4. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of outsourcing...at least s/he didn't mentioned iFone!
  5. I just has some more fun with another online chat rep.

czstewart likes this.
  6. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of those concerns will ever actually be forwarded on up the food chain? Or it they are, if they will ever actually be acted upon.
  7. gamekid2k

If all of us contact them then there will be an increased chance that one of the rep will by mistake forward those concern up on the food chain :p
  8. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

in heavy Indian accent, "Thank you, please chat again".
  9. samsung live chat lunch time fun.

10. BIGSHIRLY

BIGSHIRLY New Member

WOW... thats all i have to say... WOW...
  11. ickster

ickster Well-Known Member

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    [​IMG] You are now chatting with 'Sean '.
    [​IMG] Your Issue ID for this chat is zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sean : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Richard: I am wondering why my Samsung Indulge phone is not being supported by your company?
    Sean : Hello Richard, Please go ahead with the query, I will try to help you.
    Richard: It is not yet available on the download support page. I go there every day and look. Why is it not listed there" I have had my phone for a month. I see that the Tab has many many accessories. Yet the Indulge is not even available on the list. Why?
    Richard: I would like an extended battery because my phone cannot even sit over nite with out dieing.
    Richard: Yet the phone does not come up on the list why?
    Richard: Does Samsung intend on releasing the manual and drivers? EVER?
    Sean : I understand that you are unable to find the phone in Samsung websute, Am I correct?
    Richard: I paid 400.00 for a phone that Samsung apparently has no plans to fully support?
    Richard: It is not on the list on the download page. I have had it foir over a month.
    Sean : I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Richard: Where are bthe drivers for this phone?
    Richard: 400. for a phone you aren't going to support?
    Sean : I have checked all the information in the database, as of now this phone is not having any drivers available.
    Richard: I would like an extended battery. I have asked repeatedly. But your company apparently has no plans to support this phone. At All.
    Richard: 3 hours battery life? 3 hours.
    Richard: And NO support?
    Sean : I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused for you. I will surly post this issue to the concerned department on your behalf.
    Richard: Does Samsung plan on releasing the drivers for the Indulge?
    Richard: Are there plans for an extended battery?
    Richard: Where are the frivers?
    Richard: How do you expect people to reset thier phones WITH NO DRIVERS?
    Sean : I am sorry, We in live chat provide technical trouble shooting steps to mobile devices. we do not have information about the Samsung future releases.
    Richard: My battery dies after 3 hours.........
    Richard: 3 hours.
    Sean : I understand your concern.
    Richard: My battery dieing in 3 hours is a definate technical issue.
    Richard: 3 hours.
    Sean : Traditionally WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and display brightness all greatly impact battery performance.
    Sean : With Android 2.2 another feature that can kill your battery are the Live Wallpapers. If you
    czstewart likes this.
  12. ROFL, yeah its in the online manual. But you are not allowed to download it, only he can. HAHAHA

I think i'm going to jump in this online chat every day and tell them to forward info to the higher up's. Who knows if they actually do, but they keep saying they will. The more noise made about the phone the more likely they are to do something about it.

Also I plan to post a tweet every day with the hashtag #GalaxyIndulge and #samsung. Samsung seems to be going big with the twitter stuff so I figure I'll hit them there too.
  13. Todays lunch time chat.

14. ickster

I was pretty much just messing with him. It's sure not his fault. This is all really the way it goes. The manufacturers release things so fast they can barely keep up. I'm not losing any sleep over any of it. If they release any accessories or updated software, cool. But I'm not holding my breath.
    I should probably leave poor Sean alone. ha ha.
  15. ickster

Mike you're funny....."it's a freaking users manual"!
    ROFL
  16. gamekid2k

This is entertaining. Is there a way we can also contact MetroPCS. When their support KPI report will show that 5% of the calls are related to Samsung Indulge, Metro will be wise enough to contact someone higher in food chain at Samsung.

Also Metro will think twice before using them for 6g phone...

Also are their any consumer friendly laws that might help us out? Class action?
  17. why does the better business bureau only let us file complaints on MetroPCS and not on Samsung?
  18. gus4269

gus4269 Member

It's obviouse that they are reading from a script.... We should develop our own script to ask depending on Their answers..
  19. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

Keep hammering them guys, good work (also others who are reading this thread)! If enough people complain about the lack of drivers, perhaps it will actually be forwarded up the food chain, and something done eventually? Perhaps we should organize a campaign?

Yeah, I was actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He is, after all, just trying to support his family and buy rice and stuff (but not beef! zing! :rolleyes: /badindiajoke).

I think people should keep doing this too, along with contacting Samsung! Maybe we should organize some kind of campaign? Seriously...

Whoa, easy fellas! :) I don't think we are quite at that point yet... let's keep going to our soap box (contacting Metro and Samsung, spread the word, organize a campaign) before we go to the ballot box (change carriers / phone) or to the cartridge box (legal action / consumer complaints).

Influencing these big companies takes time, effort, and a lot of contacts; certainly more than Mike and ickster can do in their spare time with a few outsourced reps. But with a concerted effort by many, perhaps we can get our voices heard! It would certainly take some work, but would be very satisfying accomplishment if we were able to change the course of such a huge company; like steering an elephant. :)

Do you guys get the feeling that they are never going to release drivers, etc. for the phone? How soon after release are drivers usually available? Should we just be patient and wait a little longer? I don't know, I don't have experience with these things. But if it appears that they are blowing us off / we are a "market segment" that is not important to their "business plan" then perhaps a contact campaign is in order...
  20. Phonzy

Phonzy Member

For what it's so worth I found the manual from the global download site for products sold outside the States. I also found the manual for the Samsung craft and also no drivers. It is my guess that USB mass storage is supposed to work without drivers (but does't) since there is no mention of them in either manual unless you are using Kies which is not available in the US. This phone must have bean originally designed for foreign markets.

[​IMG]
  21. nickrussel

nickrussel Well-Known Member

Here's my 2 cents 5 seconds ago:

---
    Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Sean '.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380703223X

Sean : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Sean : Hello Nick.

Nick R.: hi, I have an SCH-R910, Samsung Galaxy Indulge. Why is it not listed as one of the options when choosing the phone to chat about?

Sean : I understand that you are not able to find the phone in the list , Am I correct?

Nick R.: I'm having a few issues with this phone that I'd bought over a month ago

Sean : Please go ahead with the issues.

Sean : I will surely assist you with that.

Nick R.: I can't find any USB drivers for the phone to connect to the PC, there is no way to turn 4G on and off when needed, which is a necessity due to its miserable battery life. With GPS OFF, Bluetooth OFF, wifi OFF I'm only getting 1.5-2 hrs before the battery drops from 100% to 0%

Sean : I am sorry to hear that.

Nick R.: I'm sure you are. I need a solution though, not pity

Sean : Okay.

Nick R.: first, why isn't the phone even listed?

Sean : There is no USB drivers available for this phone.

Nick R.: second, why after almost 2 months since RTM, no USB drivers are available?

Nick R.: why is that?

Sean : I can provide you the USB settings to connected the phone to PC in mass storage made to transfer data.

Nick R.: i don't need mass storage, I need sync mode and development. how can samsung release a piece of hardware and not the supporting software for it?

Nick R.: how many people you have to this day working on the driver for this phone? can this driver possibly be that much different from the driver for galaxy S ?

Sean : I understand your concern, as of now Samsung did not released drivers for this phone.

Nick R.: why?

Sean : I am sorry, We in live chat provide technical trouble shooting steps to mobile devices. so we do not have information when Samsung is going to release the drivers.

Sean : I will surely post this update to the concern department on my behalf.

Nick R.: is it going to release those drivers at all? it seems to me that the driver shouldn't be that different from that of galaxy S. therefore, is samsung purposefully not releasing the driver?

Nick R.: is there a scheduled release date for the driver?

Sean : I understand your concern.

Sean : As of now there is no information regarding the future releases.

Sean : Once the release is official it will be posted on our website in the Samsung Download Center.

Nick R.: OK. I have more questions and more issues. Are you willing to help?

Sean : I understand the difficulty that you are going through and I will do my best to resolve the issue for you.

Nick R.: The phone comes out running android 2.2.1. that's MONTHS after 3.0/gingerbread is release and most phones are shipped with it. when am I going to see the update?

Sean : I understand that you would like to know the information regarding the Android 3.0 upgrade on the handset. Am I correct ?

Nick R.: yes

Sean : Thank you for confirming.

Sean : Unfortunately there is no update available at this time for your (phone model), nor is there an estimated date of one being released. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Sean '.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380703280X

Nick R.: we were just talking about samsung galaxy indulge sch-r910? were we not?

Sean : Yes, we are.

Nick R.: why did you deactivated the chat?

Sean : I am sorry our chat disconnected.

Nick R.: and what's taking so long with the ctrl+C -> ctrl+V ?

Sean : I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Nick R.: Unfortunately there is no update available at this time for your (phone model), nor is there an estimated date of one being released. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Nick R.: see how quick?

Nick R.: anyway...

Nick R.: no idea when the update is coming out?

Sean : We in live chat provide technical trouble shooting steps to mobile devices.

Nick R.: ph, I see

Nick R.: ok, let's get on with some technical troubleshooting

Sean : So , we do not have any information regarding the future releases by Samsung.

Nick R.: how can I make the battery last at least half a day, if not a whole day? is this too much to ask?

Sean : No.

Sean : Traditionally WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and display brightness all greatly impact battery performance.

Nick R.: did you read what I said earlier? they are all off and brightness is at minimum

Sean : If you’re using Live Wallpaper just turn if off.

Sean : Adjust the Brightness of the display.

Nick R.: EVERYTHING IS OFF

Nick R.: MINIMUM BRIGHTNESS

Sean : By default your device vibrates every time you press a key. Turn it off.

Nick R.: tactile feedback is off, too

Sean : If Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Email, App Updates, or many other things are constantly popping notifications, consider turning some of them off as notifications do impact battery performance

Nick R.: I'm down to not running any apps at all. Otherwise, it's like a gas tank on a hummer - constantly having it plugged in or else the battery life is <1hr

Sean : I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Nick R.: any solution though?

Sean : I can provide some steps that will be helpful to increase the battery life.

Sean : Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more.

Sean : Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour.

Sean : Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

Nick R.: battery memory effect?

Nick R.: are you suggesting I do this every day?

Sean : No.

Sean : Just perform the above steps once will help you.

Nick R.: for how long?

Nick R.: I've charged the device for more than that when I bought it before I started using it

Sean : Just to confirm, do you have any week signal areas in your place.

Nick R.: no, I'm averaging 3-4 bars and I'm not moving the phone much when I'm at home

Sean : Okay..

Sean : We have tried with all the available steps to fix the issue from our end, I suggest you to contact Samsung voice support so that they can help you further with the issue and provide you complete and detailed information.

Sean : You can reach them at 1-888-987-HELP (4357) Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm (CST) Sat: 9am - 6pm (CST).

Nick R.: OK. I have more issues

Sean : Okay, Please go ahead.

Nick R.: to extend the battery life, how do I turn LTE/4G Off when I don't need it and then back on when I need to browse the web high-speed

Nick R.: ?

Sean : Would you mind if I place you on hold for 2 minutes while I check for details ?

Nick R.: please, be quick

Sean : Thank you.

Sean : Thank you for holding. This is taking longer than expected, do you mind holding another 3 minutes?

Nick R.: I have no choice

Nick R.: so go ahead but try to be quick

Sean : Thank you, I appreciate your patience.

Nick R.: let me know when you're back

Sean : Thank you for holding.

Sean : I have checked all the information in the database for you.

Nick R.: and?

Sean : I suggest you , contact carrier for the complete information about the 4g because 4g service settings is provided by the carrier itself.

Nick R.: it's provided by the carrier but it's forced on and off from within the phone

Sean : Would you mind if I place you on hold for 2 minutes while I check for details ?

Nick R.: Go Ahead!

Sean : I am sorry for the delay.

Nick R.: well... LTE, remember?

Nick R.: is there a way to turn _THE LTE RADIO_ off and on on demand?

Nick R.: LTE radio inside the phone, that is - not the 4g service from the carrier

Sean : Tap on the radio>> tap on menu>> there you can fin the option to turn off it.

Nick R.: can you try and follow your own instructions? "tap on the radio?" where is "radio"?

Sean : Are you able to open the LTE Radio?

Nick R.: no

Nick R.: I have no way to get to its settings

Nick R.: no switch, no control, no gadget

Nick R.: do you have the indulge in front of you?

Sean : Yes, I am having it.

Nick R.: you are? well, how is it?

Sean : It is good.

Nick R.: I'm glad you're liking it

Nick R.: so, how do I turn LTE/4G off and on?

Sean : 4g service settings can be provided by the carrier.

Nick R.: great.

Nick R.: where can I download a manual for this phone?

Nick R.: could you provide me with a link?

Sean : I am sorry, as of now there is no manual uploaded by Samsung.

Nick R.: why?

Sean : I suggest you, contact Samsung voice support team, they will check with the database and provide you the manual for you.

Nick R.: the phone is $400+tax. it has no supporting software, no manual, no drivers, no support

Nick R.: it has no representation on samsung.com even

Nick R.: don't you think this is too much?

Sean : I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Nick R.: I mean how is this possible, particularly for the latest and greatest of the samsung phones?

Nick R.: there has to be an explanation for this

Nick R.: is there anybody to escalate this to?

Sean : You can reach them at 1-888-987-HELP (4357) Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm (CST) Sat: 9am - 6pm (CST).

Sean : You can contact to the above number.

Nick R.: am I going to get different answers?

Sean : They will also provide the same information for you, but contact them they can help you further with the issue and provide you detailed information.

Nick R.: OK. It seems to me that you're simply dismissing all the issues I brought up. I want you to know that this was the most unhelpful support call I've ever had

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

good-bye

Sean : Thank you.

Sean : Thank you for all the cooperation and understanding in the chat session.

Sean : It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. Have a wonderful day!
    ---
  22. nickrussel

nickrussel Well-Known Member

something tells me that unless people start returning these phones to where they bought them on a massive scale, samsung isn't going to do much...
  23. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

Following Mikes advice I have been tweeting complaints using hash tags. Here is one response...

Samsungservice
    @dongemus We are working on updating some content. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have regarding the Indulge.^Sean
  24. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

LOL! I literally laughed out loud reading those parts!
  25. ROFL.
    hahahah

Here is a question, was the decision to start a $100 mail in rebat instead of the normal $50 rebates other phones get due to all of the complaints they are getting with the phone? Or are they truly just ripping us off and still able to make money off us with $100 price cut.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.