samsung mesmerize facebook notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. odd_one33

odd_one33 Active Member This Topic's Starter

so far my facebook notivcations havent been working at all.. i have to go on my laptop to get them.. i nhave new messages... nothing... i have a new relationship request nothing... really... why is this???

Advertisement
  2. rthibeault

rthibeault Active Member

Same problem here...

Anyone??

3. phidelt82

phidelt82 Member

This has to do with two things, as I understand it, neither of which have anything to do with the phone itself. Android does not do push notification yet and so the app itself has to go out and pole the system to see if there are any changes. This is where the second issue comes in to play. The Facebook app for Android isn't very good at telling you when you have updates and most of the time you have to go in to the app and then in to notifications. It's not a fix, but that's all you can do until things change.

4. Vwgirl337

Vwgirl337 New Member

I noticed this today too as I just moved from a Blackberry which used Push technology. I signed up for text alerts on Facebook until the App starts working the way it used to on my Blackberry.

5. RobsLost

RobsLost New Member

you might like tweetdeck, its pretty good :)

6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

The Android Facebook App is really more of a "slimmed down" version of your web browser on your PC. Its not going to do anything until you go into it. You can set it up in the settings/preferences for the App to put status bar notifiers on your phone's display, but that's about it.

Your best bet is to look in the market for an app that will provide the notifications you would like. My Taptu, Skyfire browser, and Tweetdeck are some of the apps that work with FB and Twitter.

You can also install widgets, either with the stock launcher or something like Launcher Pro, to give you that information.