• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung modem driver

tekoneiric

Lurker
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone know where I can get a modem driver for the Samsung Moment. I found a way access the DUN functions and make the phone show up as a USB modem on WinXP machine without rooting the phone but now I need the driver. Is the driver part of Samsung's PC Studio?

Here's the USB Info:

SAMSUNG CDMA Technologies
USB\VID_04E8&PID_6640\5&C6F674&0&2

So do you mean as a usb modem or a Bluetooth modem? For a usb modem I use PDAnet and as for Bluetooth I think thats supported by PDAnet as well but only for Android 2.0 users.

Drivers for the DUN/USB modem functions built into the Samsung Moment. I managed to find a way to get to them. When I set it to act as a USB modem rather than PDA Windows XP sees the device and needs Samsung CDMA drivers.

To access the functions install DG QuickCut then go into it. Click on Create a Desktop Shortcut, select Activity then select DUN, do it a second time and select PhoneUtil. After you have the shortcuts you can open PhoneUtil and set it to USB modem, at that point when plugged into a windows PC it'll start looking for the drivers. I can only assume with the proper drivers you can access the built in DUN capability.

BTW DG QuickCut can add Terminal Emulation to Dropcuts but not a desktop shortcut. Unfortunately it doesn't have root permissions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones