Samsung Moment 2.1 Dial Screen IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tina Kiz

Tina Kiz Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 21, 2010
    I have been checking for recent threads about cronic issues of dial screen problems with mute/speaker activated accidentally. I just got my phone in last 2 months and am not technically advanced enough so fear rooting my said it will invalidate my warrantee. My phone is already 2.1, and this issue was SUPPOSED to be resolved :(. Are there any work arounds for the Moments crappy dial screen?? I hate that I have to hit back button to disable buttons that I never use anyway. And when the screen is is a pain to bring back the dial screen if I need to use dial tones, since the keypad letters do not work on phone system prompts because they don't activate keytones. Is there any good (not buggy) work around dial screen applications for this other than rooting my phone?

2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Nov 4, 2009
    It's not so much a dialer issue as a light sensor issue. Depending on how you hold the phone to your ear, the light sensor may allow the screen to come on and let your ear activate things on the screen. The 1.5 dialer had easily activated buttons for speaker and mute, the 2.1 "fix" was to make them sliding widgets. It didn't effect the sensor, just made it harder for those functions to be activated accidentally. Personally, I just got into the habit of holding the phone so the screen wouldn't turn on. If there is some other fix available, I'm not aware of it and rooting probably won't help you in this case either. Light sensor/dialer issues seem to exist in many if not most touch screen phones to one degree or another. It's not just a Moment issue.