samsung moment accessoriesTips

Last Updated:

1. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys if you are needing an extra ac adapter, car charger and sync cable, I found an awesome deal here...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VTEG7Q/ref=oss_T15_product

For 5.95 + shipping of like 2 something you can't beat it. Ordered mine today. Now I can keep a charger at work and you never know when your sync cable may die and a car charger...woohoo.

Advertisement
  2. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

Thanks! That's a great deal!
    $8.93 total cost for a wall charger, car charger, and data cable. Can't beat that with a stick.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I just can't stand those cheap car chargers. They never seem to hold up. I usually just buy OEM Moto ones for cheap. Worth the couple extra dollars IMHO.

I'm also a big fan of the Moto mini to micro adapters. Many have plenty of mini USB chargers and cables. These little adapters can turn them into micro USB. Nice to have the option of both without having to bring separate chargers. Still have plenty of devices that run mini so it's great to have in the car. [​IMG]

4. kjreisman

kjreisman Member

Usually I don't go for the cheap ones either, but as an extra one to go in the wife's car, sure. It will only get used once in a while, so not a big deal at all.

5. dbpaddler

backups are one thing. i just wouldn't want to depend on it as my every day. Have had enough break when I wasn't planning on going home anytime soon, or even worse, while traveling. You never ever want to have a charger break when you're in vegas. The cheapest I could find one was $30 and change. Made me cringe.

6. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I use the generic USB home and wall chargers and just carry my USB cables with me. It means I always have a data cable and all I need is 2 cables and one wall/car charger on a trip instead of 2 wall chargers and 2 car chargers.

Strangely, the cheap eBay USB wall chargers for a buck a piece and free shipping work the best. My Belkin doesn't charge much.

7. dbpaddler

If you're going to pick up this combo, save a few dollars as it's one of ebay's [​IMG]Deals of the Day for a measly $5.49. Definitely worth some backup at that price.

edit... the combo in the deal of the day is sans the usb cable. Ends up being a wash overall. If you just need the chargers you can save a few bucks.

8. scarletslipper

scarletslipper Member

well, the wall charger and USB cable that comes with this phone are both really bad, IMO. The wall charger is a fix, rather than folding, plug which makes it much less convenient to carry and the USB cable is way too short to be useful for anything but *maybe* charging at your computer. You certainly can't use it while attached. Both because of the shortness of the cord and the ridiculously stupid placement of the charging slot. I swear, does anyone test these things before they make them? Top right corner to charge is just moronic. I switched from the Hero because of the lack of a hard keyboard, but aside from that, the Moment is quite unimpressive and I've barely even tried to do anything.

9. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I really like where they placed the USB port on the Moment. It's one of the few phones that you can have plugged in for charging and still have full use of the phone. If they put the charger at the bottom you would end up with a cord in your way when using the HW keyboard.

At first I thought it was stupid but after using it while charging I'm glad it is there.

10. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

For car chargers, I use Radio Shack's iGo charger. One main unit with the ability to swap out tips for whatever device i'm using. Works for my ipod, old phones, and now this new one. Sprint claims it is going to burn up my phone, but I think they were just bitter when I said I didn't want to spend $30 for their charger when tips are $10 at Radio Shack.

iGo power adapters & tips - Power & Batteries - RadioShack.com

11. scarletslipper

scarletslipper Member

Yes, I can see the benefit of the placement for typing, but not for using as a phone while driving. Reminds me of my old Kitana flip-phone and it was horrible to use in the car. I don't really like to talk in the car, but sometimes I have to; guess I'll have to bluetooth shop for something that's comfortable with my sunglasses. Most I've found haven't been.

12. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I use iGo as well and am very happy. Not issues yet.

13. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Same. The Radio Shack employee was pretty pissed off when I told her Sprint tells people the iGo will burn up phones.

(By the way, no, it won't burn up your stuff)

14. gwbennett

gwbennett Member

The USB/charging port on the Moment is in the single BEST possible location. Allows for unimpeded use both closed and open in all positions. To the person saying it is annoying while driving.....don't hold your phone and drive. It's illegal in most states anyway! Well, maybe not most, but it's stupid in all 50. Especially with how good the speakerphone and microphone are on this device. Not to mention bluetooth... Furthermore, the phone fits great in a suction cup mounted dashboard phone mount BECAUSE rather than in spite of the charger going in the side rather than the bottom.

15. palindrome

palindrome Member

no one gets cables from monoprice.com ? they have micro usb cables and usb power adaptors all for under two dollars each. shipping is more than reasonable.

16. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

Monoprice is one of my favorite sites ever, I've gotten cables and chargers for my last three phones there. I was planning to order three micro cables when I've figured out when I'm getting my moment...

17. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

18. PlanBHomeBuyers

PlanBHomeBuyers New Member

Can someone help me out here...i'm not tech savvy and want to get a car charger from monoprice.com....looks like a need a mini usb cable and then also the device that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Could someone post the links of exactly what i need to make my phone work? Sorry for the post but i'm not familiar with all this stuff and want to order the proper stuff. Thanks a million!!

19. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

the moment uses a micro usb, not the mini...

Joey

20. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

For only $1.30 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Motorola V8, V9 Series Car Charger for RAZR2 | Motorola

21. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

If you want to use a generic usb cable, you might want to consider a 1amp charger if you intend on charging while simultaneously using the device. The cheap chargers are usually 500ma and may not even charge if the battery is very low. I haven't used my Moment in the car, but my wifes pre will discharge slowly if you use a 500ma charger and run the nav program.

example
    1 Amp High Output USB Car Charger Adapter with Power Surge Protection

22. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Invisible Shield released their cover/shield for the Moment.
    It's $25 for the whole phone or $15 for the screen only.
    There's a 20% discount for those who use PRODUCT20 in the discount code section.

23. illiniguy

illiniguy Member

Did you receive this yet?

Can you comment on the quality?

24. crow11ad

Sorry for the late reply. Received and use the car charger all the time....the data cable works...it is used as a back up...never know...the home charger works as well.

25. crow11ad

I found another accessory. This is to hold your phone in your car so if you are using gps or listening to pandora or whatever the phone does not have to lay in the seat nor do you have to hold the phone...

Air Conditioner Vent Style Cell Phone Holder - Phone Holders

It fits in the vent....kind of like the air freshners....3.99 is a good price