Samsung Moment Android 2.1 - FYI ONLYGeneral

Last Updated:

1. numus

numus Banned This Topic's Starter

- This is a FYI update only.

- Please do not ask what the status is, how to install, or why the hell did i attempt this and screw up my phone!

- Read all the pages if you are really interested before you ask any questions on SDX... The majority of the major stuff has been discussed

- If you attempt to install this, understand that it is a non-functioning rom (as in it isn't complete yet and more features are broken then working, such as data connections at the time of this post)

Android 2.1 (Alpha 0.3 out now)

Advertisement
  2. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder of you guys will beat samsung/sprint to the punch with a working 2.1. Thanks for sharing

3. ALooneyGuy

ALooneyGuy Member

I have no doubt that they will.

4. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

Hopefully Samsung is taking notes.

5. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Cool. I was gonna wait for sprint to put the cl14 update thinking I won't be able to accept the android 2.1 update if I didn't have the official sprint cl14 installed. Now I may go ahead and put the cl14 on my phone and then wait for this android 2.1 and install that instead of the official sprint versions. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

6. numus

No matter what you can always flash back to stock cj05...

7. crumbkake

crumbkake Member

You guys are doing a great job. I think for the most part the flashing back and forth between roms has been made fool proof with your instructions. In response to the "wonder if they'll beat Samsung/Sprint" question, even if they don't the experience of trying to build 2.1 from source will prove invaluable I'm sure. Honestly from what I can see they are just a couple steps away from having a working ROM, granted I have no real concept of how difficult it is to find the PRL (my guess is that step is not so easy).

8. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Any new news on this? Just wonderin.

9. numus

modem file is still a no go with evdo... it is proprietary drivers so there is a good chance it wont work until samsung releases something.. But everytime samsung releases a new android device, we get the source code and hopefully they will release a cdma 2.1 and we can steal that modem file

10. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Cool. Can't wait till I can install this version.