• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Moment Android 2.1 - FYI ONLY

- This is a FYI update only.

- Please do not ask what the status is, how to install, or why the hell did i attempt this and screw up my phone!

- Read all the pages if you are really interested before you ask any questions on SDX... The majority of the major stuff has been discussed

- If you attempt to install this, understand that it is a non-functioning rom (as in it isn't complete yet and more features are broken then working, such as data connections at the time of this post)

Android 2.1 (Alpha 0.3 out now)

Cool. I was gonna wait for sprint to put the cl14 update thinking I won't be able to accept the android 2.1 update if I didn't have the official sprint cl14 installed. Now I may go ahead and put the cl14 on my phone and then wait for this android 2.1 and install that instead of the official sprint versions. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Upvote 0
Cool. I was gonna wait for sprint to put the cl14 update thinking I won't be able to accept the android 2.1 update if I didn't have the official sprint cl14 installed. Now I may go ahead and put the cl14 on my phone and then wait for this android 2.1 and install that instead of the official sprint versions. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
No matter what you can always flash back to stock cj05...

Upvote 0
No matter what you can always flash back to stock cj05...

You guys are doing a great job. I think for the most part the flashing back and forth between roms has been made fool proof with your instructions. In response to the "wonder if they'll beat Samsung/Sprint" question, even if they don't the experience of trying to build 2.1 from source will prove invaluable I'm sure. Honestly from what I can see they are just a couple steps away from having a working ROM, granted I have no real concept of how difficult it is to find the PRL (my guess is that step is not so easy).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones