Samsung Moment bluetooth problems?Support

Last Updated:

1. davede11

davede11 New Member This Topic's Starter

I updated my phone to the 2.1 version when it came out, then just recently got a "pop up" notification on my phone to upgrade to 2.1 update1. Immediately afterwards, my phone doesn't recognize the same bluetooth headset I had prior to the update (Plantronics 975). I have the bluetooth enabled on my phone, click "make discoverable" then when I search for bluetooth devices, it doesn't pull any option up.

My current phone info (if needed)
    Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: S:M900.8.0S.DE03
    Kernel version: 2.6.29
    Build number: ECLAIR.DI06

Would it harm my phone to go back to the "original" 2.1 update I had in the 1st place?

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated! ;)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! Firstly, I'd call your carrier. Secondly I'm going to move this to the moment section for you.

Steven

3. davede11

Ok. Thanks Steven. Sorry for the misplaced forum area. If I find an answer from Sprint, I'll share the news. Keeping my fingers crossed!

4. DJ_Phillie

DJ_Phillie Member

I too have a plantronics bluetooth headset and my Moment no longer detects it since the update either!

please share if you find out what the problem is...thanks

5. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Are you making the phone discoverable, or the headset? The phone doesn't need to be discoverable, but the headset does (usually a long press of the answer button till the lights flash).

6. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

This latest update made some changes to the Moment's bluetooth functionality, so you need to re-pair with your headset/car/other phones. Dig out your headset's manual and see how to do a new pairing.

7. davede11

Hi guys ~ So just got off the phone with Sprint & regarding the Plantronics headset, all I had to do is when powering ON the headset itself, keep it pressed until the lights go from red to white, etc then it'll reset. What a simple problem to a headache. Ha - Thanks all for your help. Hope this will help someone else. I'm already on my headset talking away. :)