Samsung Moment is going haywireSupport

Last Updated:

1. bababooey21

bababooey21 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 23, 2010
    So i decided months ago that i wanted an android powered phone. i wanted to wait for some one to get the evo in stock but the wait got to be to long. But i was pretty happy with the samsung Moment i got, up untill about a week ago. All of a sudden it was moving real slow so i tried my basic taking the battery out putting it back in and starting it back up. It was struggeling to turn back on but did after about 10 minutes of sitting on the samsung screen. Once it came on i thought every thing was working.

A few hours later I was checking my fantasy football score on the yahoo app and it forced closed. That never happened untill that point. As a matter of fact I may of only saw force close once before that. Slowly the phone just started going to crap. Pandora force closing, weird youtube error messages (If and when i see the code again I'll google it, was with out a computer last week) even text messages and the home screen wants to force close.

Since the sprint technicians never seem to be at work I've decided I'm going to do a factory reset. I wanted to back everything up onto my pc but now I'm not getting the mount sd card in the notification bar. I've only mounted my phone maybe twice so am I doing something wrong? I plug it into the usb port and the option is suppose to display in the notification bar correct? Please help because I have some pictures and video's on here that are not replacable.
    BTW If your looking to get this phone it isn't a bad phone when it works propperly, not sure if I'm an isolated situation. So like anything do your research

2. edp

edp Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    when you plug in your phone to your comp, make sure usb debugging is turned off. go to settings > applications > development> and it should be there.

also, ppl say that with android a task killer is not necessary, and i agree, cept with the moment. i think it is essential to getting this buggy phone to work cus when it gets bogged down with stuff, it freaks the fux out. so maybe try advanced task killer.

and of course, to really get the best out this thing, you'll wanna look into rooting and custom roms/kernals. you'll be much happier with the phone if you do
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    If you're having data corruption problems you want to start fresh anyway. Once you get the hang of it you can restore everything in about 30-45 minutes. Right after you reset it go to the market and all of your programs will still be showing there for a while. Just redownload everything and you're good to go.

+1 on the root/custom rom comment.
  4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Nov 4, 2009
    Considering your problems, the only thing I would trust backing up is your apps and even there it's not a huge effort savings. If the apps are properly backed up (like with Titanium), you'll still have to give permissions for each and if you don't (as Astro used to do) the apps will never update in the market. Following the reset and after you log back in with your google account, all your previously installed apps will be listed in the downloads section of the market for easy installing. You have one chance at this and even changing from portrait to landscape will clear the list of all but paid apps, so go there and install everything you want in one session.

There's some confusion about task killers. With 2.2, it's accepted that you should never use a task killer. The Moment is 2.1. Back in my Moment days, I preferred a more manual approach and used system panel and its widget as opposed to the ubber popular ATK. Good luck.
    knightprincess13 likes this.