Samsung Moment Keyboard Defect (very minor)Support

Last Updated:

1. acp

acp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Recently, I mentioned that I exchanged my first Moment due to a clicking noise that would occur any time I pressed down on the glass near the left side edge. I originally thought it was a defect in the glass area and that maybe the plastic underneath had cracked etc. However, tonight I realized the clicking noise is actually from loose plastic on the outer edge of the QK where the down arrow is and the Z key.

The two Moments I've owned each had this defect. I'd say it was just wear and tear except I've only had each phone a total of 3 days. I have my wife's phone as a comparison and her phone has never had this problem, whereas my two phones have and each of them were perfectly fine at the time of purchase.

Any one else notice the noise?

I'm not returning the second one unless it gets considerably worse, for now it's just a clicking noise that you can hear in a quiet room. I'm guessing this is due to the fact I carry it in my jeans pockets and she carries it in a purse, so there is not as much pressure on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. acp

holy crickets

so, no one else has this on their Moment?

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Sorry not happening on either of the phones I have access to.

4. madfella

madfella Member

Just checked all three of mine...no clicking. Sorry and good luck.

5. acp

good to hear your phones are ok

like I said it is very minor, so it may be something most people don't notice/care about.

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Had mine for a week, can't notice a creak. Ok maybe normal plastic noises, but nothing to worry about here.

7. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

nope no creaks here either.

8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Nada on the creaks!

9. souljah335

souljah335 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing

10. Flipper

Flipper Guest

Not on mine either....

11. acp

Lol @ my luck

I'm going to a picture or video to show you guys because I don't know if I explained it well

12. markv723

markv723 New Member

I'm actually experiencing the same symptom. Definitely appears to be a build issue. More than likely more and more people will experience it as they begin to use the keyboard more often.

13. KillTeam

KillTeam Member

I don't have a click, but I do have a creaking noise on the bottom and middle left of the phone. The top left doesn't do this. It looks like there's a very very minimal gap from the middle to the bottom between the keyboard and the top of the phone so when I press down on the middle or bottom left of the phone it makes a creaking noise. It's irritating but I don't think it's anything major, or at least I hope it isn't.

14. acp

killteam...slide out the keyboard and press down on the plastic part directly below the down arrow. the plastic part that houses the buttons is the part that is probably loose if you hear any noise when pressing down on the left side of the screen.

15. KillTeam

KillTeam Member

No noise or movement on that part, the only noise I get is when the phone is closed and I press on the home key or the middle and bottom of the left side of the phone. With the keyboard out there is no noise anywhere.

16. acp

Ok I had no idea I could take a pic, edit it by adding an arrow in picsay, then upload it to photobucket, then copy and paste it into here all on my phone...that is sick, I couldn't that on my iPxxxx. Anyways, the plastic piece that the arrow is pointing to is the loose part that makes a loose plastic noise

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/acp5533/picsay-1258609270.jpg

17. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Ok the picture helped. Yes mine has a very very minor creak in that area too. I consider this normal plastic construction noise, since it's a trim piece that is probably attached via a few points to the keyboard.

Never noticed it before, don't think it's worth any worries over. Probably will never think about it again.

18. acp

I don't think it's a big concern either...I just don't want it to get any worse.

That part was not loose when I left the store, so it is something that does happen over time.

19. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

I think the real question here is, how did you take a picture of your phone with your phone?? :D

20. acp

Lol

It was actually my wifes phone....you would think I kicked her puppy by the way she reacted when I borrowed her phone to do this

21. cs89

cs89 Member

ACP, thanks for the link to this thread. Yes, I am having the same problem as you. At first, I thought the creaking I was observing on my screen was unrelated to this keyboard issue. But after pressing down on the area you point out a few times..now my screen doesn't creak (temporarily I assume). So they are definitely related. I fear this is going to get worse over time. If nobody else is complaining about this problem, maybe I should try replacing it.

22. acp

Yep definitely sounds like we were having the same problem....I actually just picked up a hero, so no more keyboard lol

23. cs89

cs89 Member

I am getting close to my 30 days on the phone and the clicking sound on the screen has returned. Does anyone else hear this? I'm wondering if should replace it or just get over it. Thoughts?

24. tommystarman

tommystarman New Member

Don't worry about it, its actually the back that holds the battery i just checked mine if u pull off the back and hold the battery still it dont click anymore so I would keep it