Samsung Moment or HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are your thoughts? Right now I have the Moment, but im thinking I want the Hero instead.

Advertisement
  2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

Do a few forum searches. There are multiple threads on this already. :)

3. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

I had a defective Hero, got a Moment, then swapped back to the Hero. I made the right choice.

4. VinceO

What was it about the Moment that made you swap back to the Hero?

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Moment = 2010 Ford Mustang

Hero = Lexus IS250

Both badass cars, one has more power with a little less emphasis on the interior design and features.

6. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Haha... awesome!

I have always had a great experience with all of my Samsung phones. I took a huge leap of faith going with the HTC hero. Nobody I knew had one, unfamiliar with manufacturer, new OS, etc. I will tell you I have been very, VERY impressed (to date) with it.

7. droid51378

The entire feel of the phone. I know the Moment has a bigger processor, but It seemed sluggish compared to the Hero. I missed the HTC widgets, they are great and keeping me from running a home replacement right now. The slide out keyboard, no matter how well they are made, moving parts have a life expectancy & I prefer a virtual keyboard(I installed Better Keyboard for my fat fingers).

I have no evidence of this, but I honestly feel like HTC will support their product better than Samsung. Both are great phones, I do not want you to think I am trashing the Moment, but I would take the Hero.

Hope this helps.

8. methoderik

methoderik Well-Known Member

I had each for a month (gotta love best buy). I ended up keeping picking the hero.
    The moment wins on keyboard. Everything else Hero wins. Moment Is a great phone, just kinda boring.

9. VinceO

With the new update on the Hero does it make it snappier? And ive got fat fingers too...LOL What HTC Widgets are you talking about? Im already having issues with my slid out keyboard on my Moment. Ive only had it since Friday and it already has a lot of play. Not impressed. :(

10. droid51378

HTC Widget I use:
    People: Allows you to make a 3x3 grid of favs. You can dial them from the widget. Makes it easier then scrolling through the address book.

Clocks: all of the HTC clocks are sweet. Some people may not see this as a selling point, but a lot of people are buying widgets/apps to mimic the HTC ones.

Google voice search: I use Google a ton, and having it with my original Hero I loved it, missed it with my Moment & am very glad it is back now that I have a Hero again.

Setting widgets: BT, Wi-Fi, GPS, ect. These all come stock with HTC and they work great. You can DL some from the market, but I have not found any that work as smooth.

For the fat fingers, get Better Keyboard. If takes the little space left over and turns it into a much better keyboard. I was skeptical, but it really makes a huge difference.

11. VinceO

So THATS what that widget is for...LOL I had no idea.

12. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

Bringing this older thread back....

I just did some side-by-side comparisons with a brand new (ie. uncluttered) Moment and my rooted Fresh 1.1 Gumbo setCPU Hero. I thought it was an interesting additional view to add with all the recent Gumbo kernel talk here and a recent thread about the relative age and relevance of the Hero's processor.

Anyway, I did some side-by-side comparisons on speed by starting from home screens and opening the same apps simultaneously like camera, camcorder, Google Maps, Backgrounds, YouTube, contacts, phone dialer, a few games, and a few other things. Conclusion: My Hero was FASTER in just about everything. At worst, they were about tied. By faster, I mean there was a perceptible time difference. I would say at least a second or two.

I know that some people would think that difference is neglible but for those of use who like speed and snappy responses from our phones, I was very pleased with the results of my unscientific but real-world test.

Anybody else seen similar results with their modded Hero?