Samsung Moment Original ROMSupport

Last Updated:

1. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does any one knows how or where can I get the original ROM for the Moment?

Advertisement
  2. maxdamage2122

maxdamage2122 Member

I do not believe there is a rom that can be flashed availble. I'm not exactly sure why you want one but there is a system dump here ([Dump] Samsung moment dump - xda-developers). Remember that there is no way to flash this dump.

3. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks maxdamage2122, I have an original ROM for every phone that I own and I am thinking about getting this one, now I want to be able to either download a stock ROM or backup my original ROM as soon as I get it. This will be my third Android phone and I have ROM backups for the other two as well, thus why I would like to have it for this one as well... just in case :) .

4. zefie

zefie Well-Known Member

We all want one, but Samsung isn't releasing one. Only Sprint has it, and even if they gave it out, they couldn't give out the special software Samsung licenses for them to repair.

So we are kinda screwed until Samsung releases a update, or someone from Sprint leaks what we need.

5. masbirdies

masbirdies Well-Known Member

How will the update help?

6. zefie

zefie Well-Known Member

Because it isn't going to be a lame patch like the hero, an upgrade to 1.6, 2.0, or 2.1 will require each partition to be updated, a full rom.

7. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

When I was playing with Samsung's New PC Studio a few weeks ago it said that there was an update to my phone. Well I downloaded the "update" which wasn't an update and installed it. After doing that a couple of times I stopped trying to install the so called "update" and just kept the file the software had downloaded. I think people are asking about something similar if not this exact thing. I'll be uploading it to my server later today so it's avail for people to play with. If its already out and about let me know so I can delete it from my server.

the file SPH-M900_CJ05_REL.tar contains 8 files.

boot.bin 128KB
    cache.rfs 396KB
    factoryfs.rfs 116,688KB
    Sbl.bin 593KB
    datafs.rfs 396KB
    logo.png 6KB
    modem.bin 15,335KB
    zImage 3,494KB

8. zefie

zefie Well-Known Member

interesting. thats a full image. just have to figure out how to send it to the phone lol

9. LincKraker

theres a couple of smaller programs that come with New PC Studio. specifically NPSAndroidCDMABinaryUpgrade.exe only problem with it is that it trys to download the image then install it on the phone. so if its not downloaded it wont do it. if someone can "mirror" the samsung server software and change the web address in the registry or something that might do it.

10. LincKraker

11. zefie

zefie Well-Known Member

only problem is they encrypt the entire stream of data so idk what to send back to the client