Samsung Moment & Outlook SyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. bschroeter

bschroeter New Member This Topic's Starter

I've read numerous threads on this site about the issues syncing Outlook with the Samsung Moment, which I just purchased at a Sprint Store yesterday. I'm a little confused so I'd like to describe what I was previously doing with my old Palm Centro and what my options are. I'd prefer a free solution rather than paying any more money and from what I've read another phone (such as the HTC Hero although the reason I got the Moment was the pull-out keyboard) might be a better option.

Work Computer: The company I work for runs Outlook/Exchange 2007. I was one-way syncing my Outlook contacts/calendar (no e-mail sync) to my phone via HotSync Manager; I believe at one time I was doing a two-way sync but there seemed to be some issues so I went the one-way sync route.

Home Computer: I'm running Outlook 2007 (no Exchange) with MS Outlook Connector so I can manage multiple Hotmail e-mail accounts within Outlook. I was one-way syncing my phone contacts/calendar to my Outlook contacts/calendar via HotSync Manager.

I apologize for the long post but could someone summarize my option(s)? Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I use "Google Calender Sync" for my Outlook Calender at home. There are apps out there that allow you to sync, but most of them cost money.

For work I just got the settings from the IT department and you can use Moxier Mail (if it works, mine errors out). I just have my work contacts and emails now due to Moxier Mail not working.

3. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

Sync to the server, not the PC.

Connect your phone up to the exchange server via activesync. Syncing with Outlook is soooo 1999. You'll get your email/calendar/contacts synced in real time that way. You'll be amazed at home much better this solution is.

As far as hotmail goes... I'm not a hotmail user, so I can't really offer any suggestion there. One thing you could do is configure your hotmail accounts to forward to your gmail account, and then setup rules in gmail to apply labels to incoming messages from each different hotmail account.

-SF

4. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member

Slyferret has the right answer for you.
    I use activesync also and as soon as you add something in it is there almost instant.
    You can link your home computer to google calender to get that sync.
    I get all my calenders on my phone, both work and home, and they show a different color for each to help you distinguish events.