Samsung Moment Questions... Please answerSupport

Last Updated:

1. savannahpar44

savannahpar44 New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, I recently upgraded to a Samsung Moment. I used to have a Palm Centro and loved it. I do love my Samsung Moment but it's so hard to find correct answers to my questions...

Calendar: When you add an event into the calender on the Month view there is a notification on there (in green) that there's an event on the a specific day. Questions: is there a way to change that color for different events??

Photos: In my gallery, I want to make separate folders for specific pictures. Is there a way to make specific folders?

Email: Is there a way to delete multiple emails at one time?

Wallpaper: There are 3 screens on the Samsung Moment. Is there a way to make the 3 individual screens different backgrounds? I would like different backgrounds for the different screens....

LOL I'm sure i'll have more questions, but these are the top ones i've been trying to figure out for like 2 weeks now LOL

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

1. No, sorry
    2. Yes, but not from within your phone (stock). There are three options
    -Remove your SD and hook it up to your computer and make some folders.
    -Hook up your mount your phone to your computer and make some folders.
    -Get an App that allows you to make folders and move files (I know of them but I do not use them, so I do not know the names of any, sorry).
    3. Yes. Get k-9 mail from the market and use it as your primary email app.
    4. No, unless some obscure home replacement app can do it (never heard of it being done though).

Welcome to the forum:)

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I don't know about all your questions but I have to disagree with Critical on the folder issue. You can create folders and manage pics on the phone itself. All you need is Astro file manager. With that you can create folders and move pics between them however you want, it really is a great app.

Edit: Sorry CC, I didn't read your post all the way through till after I posted. My home PC is too old to sync my phones so that was never an option for me. It took me forever to find an answer to the folder question. Like I already said though, Astro is what the OP is looking for.

4. savannahpar44

savannahpar44 New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright thank you both... So pretty much for all the extra normal phone settings you need to download an app for it all haha...

Yeah that was another question... My phone wont even sync to my computer, i didn't get a disk with the phone either.... My computer isn't that old... and my SD card isn't formatted to the computer so that wont even sync to it.. ugh... any suggestions?

5. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Try using calendar pad 4x3 widget. Takes up most of a screen, but it is nice to see what you actually have going on at a glance. It is free too.

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the Moment, but my Hero came with the sync software preinstalled on the SD card, or I can go to HTC.com to install it on the computer. Also with my Hero I need a PC with something newer than Windows 2000, which is what I have so I'm out of luck. I don't know if the Moment needs the same requirements.

The only thing missing from these phones out of the box is the file manager app. Other than that it does everything my old dumbphone did and better. The file manager is a big thing for them to leave out though, IMO. Just go to the market and get Astro file manager. With that you can create new folders, move pics and files between folders, and even backup apps to your SD card, all with just the phone.

7. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Sometimes my SD card won't show up on my computer. I plug it in and the phone starts charging but the icon doesn't show up in the notification area. It only seems to happen when I unplug the phone without safely removing it from the computer first. And I can always fix it by just turning the phone off and back on. So try that - just off and back on.

8. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

either that, or your drivers haven't been installed correctly (have you ever been able to access your usb mass storage?)