samsung moment stuck on samsung screen?

Last Updated:

1. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone and tried to switch kernels and when i did my phone is just stuck on the samsung screen. I even tried to reflash using the sprint update but nothing is working. Ant ideas? PLEASE help

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Do you have a custom recovery installed? I have 3.0.8 and there is a factory reset option, i would give that a shot or if have any system backups to possibly restore.

3. Probaholic1

Probaholic1 New Member

Hey the problem you may have ran into depending on if you have a custom recovery.

I used SPRecovery, but if you can try and to clear cache and clear history phone data.
    I forgot what the 2 options are but you must clear those before loading a custom rom with root. Otherwise your phone will never load. try that and report back. just to double check.

I did that and I had the samsung screen where it would just restart at the same screen

4. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

How long did you wait? Sometimes it can take awhile. I switched roms last night and it took my phone about 5 minutes to reboot. I thought it was stuck on the Samsung screen as well.

5. Probaholic1

Probaholic1 New Member

Well from what I've noticed youll see the samsung screen refresh if it does it a couple times then it will be stuck. Theres a difference when it works and when it freezes

6. whitelightnin

whitelightnin New Member

Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this? My phone will boot up to the Samsung screen, then will not go any further. I am using noobnl-Radioactive-FroYo-romv1.8.7 rom and it was working fine, til i was tether wirelessly earlier. My phone froze, so i restarted it, now it will not boot past the samsung screen. I cleared the cache, and even tried rebooting to factory reset.

When i try to apply the rom from zip, it says
    E:cant format system
    E:failure at line 2:
    format system:

Any ideas?