• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment - takes on a life of it's own during phone calls

KateMich

Lurker
Jan 7, 2011
Any suggestions? I like the Moment for everything EXCEPT making a phone call. It looks like the screen goes blank when the phone it at my ear, but it must come back up and then it does everything from dial numbers (loud to the person at the other end of the call), mute itself, go on speaker phone and even put my existing call on hold and randomly dial out to another person.

PLEASE... I just want to make a phone call without any other activity.

In my wife's case, we had much less of this by using stock apps wherever possible - especially for text messaging. We'll have to wait for the OP, but in our case, it's all stock and we get these same symptoms.

I thought she was holding her phone funny, pressing something when on a call. I tried to show how to "use it right" when this would crop up, but that had nothing to do with it. The phone will mute, won't respond to the mute button - or go to speaker, not respond to that - or go to lock, not respond to that swipe - or start sending keypad tones during the call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones