Samsung Moment TetheringSupport

1. Spurnout

Spurnout New Member

I was able to do it on the HTC Hero using Azilink but it doesn't appear to work on the Moment! I'm looking for anyone that has successfully gotten tethering working! Any ideas guys? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Give this : PDAnet a try :D

Welcome to the Forums BTW!
  3. ad5os

ad5os Member

aww damn that sucks! I bet Sprint disabled it.
  4. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member

Did you get this to work? It seems to be looking or loading something called an ADB driver. Unfortuneately, it cannot recognize the Moment...err Android v1.5???

I've emailed the developer. Hope we get an answer. I've been using PDAnet for Palm OS for nearly a decade, and have been very satisfied with it's stability, and ease of use.
  5. Spurnout

Spurnout New Member

Yeah, unfortunately I did try PDAnet and could not get it installed because there's no driver for the SAMSUNG_Android device out yet. I hope soon because tethering is really important to me!
  6. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

I too am waiting on this. I tether almost every day. my month usually ends just above 4gigs of download. and thats casual browsing i do from work when i don't want to use their network. please let us know if/when PDAnet works.
  7. ha11ster

ha11ster Member

Yes, Please do keep us updated. Thanks.
  8. Spurnout

Spurnout New Member

To any forum mods or admins: Anyway we can make this the official tethering thread?
  9. Silverexpress

Install this newer version of Samsung's PC Studio. It will add the necessary drivers. You'll also be able to mount the SD card under debug mode, and run that unmentionable software. Lol.

Samsung's Digital World
  10. yourm0m1

yourm0m1 Active Member

when doing the port forwarding i am getting "error device not found"
  11. maxdamage2122

maxdamage2122 Member

Will these drivers also allow use of ADB?
  12. yourm0m1

yourm0m1 Active Member

PDAnet works great!! Thanks again Silverexpress you are the man.....couldnt get azilink to work but i only need one app.
  13. Silverexpress

It installs these drivers. If that's what your referring too.
  14. phillymonster

phillymonster Member

I keep trying to install the Studio and when it goes to install drivers, error messages appear. Are you sure this works with Windows 7?
  15. LincKraker

So we have the drivers we NEED. I pulled them out of that huge file and zipped them up into a much smaller file easier to download. Samsung Moment USB Drivers
    neilclyne likes this.
  16. Silverexpress

Hello phillymonster, not sure about Win 7. I still use XP on all my three pc`s.

Thanks linc!
  17. LincKraker

I just tried installing the drivers on my Windows 7 box. Drivers installed without a problem. I haven't tried PDAnet though.

phillymonster: try to install just the drivers without the software. that's what i did. put the phone in debug mode and just navigate to the drivers to install them.
  18. phillymonster

phillymonster Member

That's exactly what I did now. I just navigated to the correct software drivers and everything works now. Thanks everybody.
  19. Spurnout

Spurnout New Member

PC Studio fixed the problem! yes there were driver errors when installing it, and after that i had to update the drivers in device manager again, but pdanet works now! thanks!:D:D we win!
  20. Silverexpress

I'm posting this for cgarym7:

1. Make sure the Moment is not connected to your PC
    2. Download and Install New Studio PC from the link above or
    Download the stripped drivers from Studio PC a few threads up, and
    store in some location on your hard drive.
    3. Once the Studio PC installation is done, you can now download (if you haven't already) and install PDANET 1.17 on your laptop. It will stop with a pop up
    and a list of instructions for moving forward with the installation.....

4. Now, on your Moment, you'll want to turn on "USB DEBUGGING".
    Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB DEBUGGING
    5. Connect the Moment to your PC. The PC will now start installing the
    necessary drivers. If you've grabbed the stripped drivers, you'll have to
    manually point the install to the folder locations.
    6. Once all drivers are done. Hit OK on the PDANET installation prompt. The PC will now install PDANET on your Moment.
    7. Once done. Go back to the Moment and look for PDANET. Turn it on while it's still connected to the PC. It should now make a connection.
    djohna likes this.
  21. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

So are you using the "free version" of pdanet or are you using the paid one????
  22. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I can't get the computer to notice the phone.....
  23. Silverexpress

No free version. I think it's a 30 day trial.
  24. Silverexpress

Are you past the installation? Is PDAnet installed on your PC, and your phone?
  25. LincKraker

flyjbaker you need to put the phone into usb debugging mode and install the drivers.