• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment to my computer

riker999

Jan 31, 2010
Ok getting really frustrated with my phone. I have searched the internet looked on this forum sprints forum several other places on how to connect my phone via usb cable to my computer. I know you turn off the usb debugging option under development. I connect the usb cable that came with my phone to the usb on my computer and then to my phone. At the top of my phone it comes up with the notification to mount my card touch on that and them my phone comes up saying to turn off mass storage. Using Windows XP and in explorer can see the sd card showing as a drive in my list however when I click on it it shows nothing. I can see the notice of the usb drive in the listings showing that I can turn it off, which I do before I disconnect the phone from my computer. Then I try to connect the usb again to my phone and all it does is show its charging the phone now, usually the only way to resolve is either to restart my computer or restart my phone and the problem starts all over again. I really need some help to resolve this issue I am tired of taking the card out of my phone manually to connect it to my computer to move or copy files or anything to my card... which is an 8GB sandisk micro sd card. HELP ME KEEP FROM PULLING MY HAIR OUT>>>>>

I kept having the same problem. Except mine was reversed. I could view everything on the computer that was on the card but on the phone the "fileviewer" folder was blank. It worked one time for me and when I went to upload some ringtones it went haywire. It was really buggy. I downloaded "Astro File Manager" from the market and have no more problems. The only thing thats weird is, everything works great with Astro File Manager, but when I open the "fileviewer" app that came on the phone, that folder is still empty. Try the Astro File Manager .... it works great.

Upvote 0
Im having quite the same problem EXCEPT, now when I connect to my computer, all it does is charge the phone. I DO NOT even get a NOTIFICATION that its connected to the computer (W7), and my computer does not show the SD CARD at all.

However, all the drivers are installed correctly, there are no yellow question/exclamation marks, there are no errors nowhere to be spotted at all.

The weird thing is, it used to work perfectly fine, now nothing works except charging it!!! This is the main reason why I havent attempted to install Zeffie's custom roms or cl14 at all.

Upvote 0
Im having quite the same problem EXCEPT, now when I connect to my computer, all it does is charge the phone. I DO NOT even get a NOTIFICATION that its connected to the computer (W7), and my computer does not show the SD CARD at all.

This happens to me occasionally too. If you haven't tried this already, Hook up phone to computer via USB. Then soft reset your phone. As it starts to boot up, my notification in Vista usually pops up telling me I have a device attached.
Then once the phone has booted up, I get the message in the top notification bar giving me the option to Mount the SD Card.

Upvote 0
Ok so connected my phone to my computer and the first time comes up with the notification of usb connected. select to copy files to/from your computer. Select that then asking to mount or don't mount your sd card... select mount then comes up can't find your sd card with the option to turn off mass storage.. if I leave it alone it says preparing your sd card then it just goes away it will show the drive still on my computer but no files. If I choose to turn off mass storage there is no change I can see the drive on my computer but still not able to see the files.. HELP THIS IS GETTING VERY !!!!! FRUSTRATING...

So more info.. took my phone and usb cable to my local sprint store and had them connect to their computer and it worked fine. Mounted the card and it showed all the files and the info no problem. Only difference I saw was when loading the info it actually showed up as an android phone on their computer however on mine it does not. I remember when I first tried this it asked for a driver to be installed I could not find one. That could be the problem anyone with a place to get a driver for my samsung moment phone?

Upvote 0
Mine does the same thing. I have the drinver installed. Everytime I connect I have to reboot the phone for it to recognize its hooked up to the computer otherwise it just says "charging". I get the phone to "mount", click on the folder, and it all shows up on my computer. I go to turn off USB mass storge device, says ok to unplug, I do, then the phone says "mounting usb drive, prepairing sd card", then nothing show up in the phones default fileviewer app. I use that Astro File Manager and it show up in there, but its still not really the solution to the problem. I shouldnt have to use another app. I would like a fix for this problem also.

Upvote 0
So I don't know what I did but after much playing around with my phone I have finally gotten it to show on my computer. Only issue is it works once, so when I disc the phone I have to shut it off and turn it back on for it to show on my computer. Main page I follow was Issue 1039 - android - Cannot install windows usb driver - Project Hosting on Google Code there was a couple links for usb drivers and after playing around with it my phone will show.. still won't show as an adroid phone when I connect but at least its working.. thxs for the help though

Upvote 0
I was having the same issue. However, I was determined to flash to ZE10. So, I backed up most of the stuff I could remember to, then I did a hard reset (factory reset). Then it started working again.

What Im suspecting is, it isnt a phone, its an app that all of us are using that is the culprit. Once I flashed to ZE10, I checked and it still works, now Im installing apps 1 by 1 and checking, and rebooting and rechecking to make sure I can catch exactly where it stops working. If I catch it, I will happily report back.

Upvote 0
This happens to me occasionally too. If you haven't tried this already, Hook up phone to computer via USB. Then soft reset your phone. As it starts to boot up, my notification in Vista usually pops up telling me I have a device attached.
Then once the phone has booted up, I get the message in the top notification bar giving me the option to Mount the SD Card.

I had the same problem. Go to Settings, then Applications, then Development. Uncheck USB Debugging. After I did that the PC immediately recognized my SD card. Has been working since. :)

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. Go to Settings, then Applications, then Development. Uncheck USB Debugging. After I did that the PC immediately recognized my SD card. Has been working since. :)

I havnt had this issue with my moment but I don't sync with usb anymore.
Try using SK Sync, free from android market.
You have to have wifi network. It'll tell you where to get comp app.
You set folders to sync from your computer.

Upvote 0
If yo have tried all other options what you want to do is back up your contacts with a gmail account. if you don't have one create one. Then go to settings, privacy and reset ohone. Please remove your sd card before doing so. What you are doing is resetting your phone. You will lose all your data! This is important for you to know. but your contact will be backed up in your gmail account and will sync when you set back up your phone.

Upvote 0
i have the samsung moment i went to sprint had my phone updated affter that it my computer would not take it kept saying need device update tried everything everybody told me to ..so went back to sprint they gave me a new usb cable told them thats not it cause it was charging the phone i took it anyways...because they had no problem at the store mounting it they checked the box debugging they got it no problem..went home still but atleast this time it tried..long story short i unchecked the debugging shut my phone and computer down tried again and it finally worked so all that time it was the cable must have been a cheap one i picked up someplace ..its finally working..so try that..get a usb cable from the sprint store..good luck

Upvote 0
I've seen this error a few different times.

Here are the steps that I've used to fix the issues:

Issue 1 - Connect the Moment, get the USB and Mounting notices, computer see's new hardware but then gives an error or nothing happens. - Fix Shut off the Moment, pull the battery. Replace battery and restart moment.

Issue 2 - Click on drive / Folder icon and get an error or comes up blank.

Fix - 1st Make sure that I have no other USB connected drives or Memory sticks. Make sure I have no other network drives (that could cause two devices to reference the same drive letter). Go into Mange on "My Computer" (right click my computer icon, select manage).
Select Disk Management
Locate the Removable drive (i.e. Moment Memory card)
Right click on the drive / volume and select change drive letter.
Pick a letter near the bottom of the alphabet or one that not is in your network drive listings.

After doing that, did not have an issue. Every now and than I need to address Issue 1 with a restart of the phone. Other than that it has been fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones