• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Moment - USELESS PIECE OF SHAT!!!

juanstah

Nov 4, 2009
I was so excited when I first got the phone then followed up by weeks of sprint in denial saying there wasn't anything wrong with the gps only to later admit that 1.5 android wasn't patched to fully work with the hardware. I kicked and I screamed like most of us did until sprint finally released an update (CL14). I thought my troubles were over.

Well gosh dammit this phone has been a complete PITA after the update was applied. Now I have to physically remove the battery several times a day because the phone is locking up every other minute. I just wanna drop kick this phone back to korea.

WTF SAMSUNG??? You piece of shat mobile phone manufacture!! Toyota is not the only company that needs to apologize. Your support is pathetic and your overall software/hardware integration SUCKS BADLY!!!. After this Horrible nightmare, I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG BRANDED PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!! SAMSUNG & SPRINT YOU HAVE WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME IN DEALING WITH THIS UNSTABLE PHONE!!!

GRRRR . .

I was so excited when I first got the phone then followed up by weeks of sprint in denial saying there wasn't anything wrong with the gps only to later admit that 1.5 android wasn't patched to fully work with the hardware. I kicked and I screamed like most of us did until sprint finally released an update (CL14). I thought my troubles were over.

Well gosh dammit this phone has been a complete PITA after the update was applied. Now I have to physically remove the battery several times a day because the phone is locking up every other minute. I just wanna drop kick this phone back to korea.

WTF SAMSUNG??? You piece of shat mobile phone manufacture!! Toyota is not the only company that needs to apologize. Your support is pathetic and your overall software/hardware integration SUCKS BADLY!!!. After this Horrible nightmare, I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG BRANDED PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!! SAMSUNG & SPRINT YOU HAVE WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME IN DEALING WITH THIS UNSTABLE PHONE!!!

GRRRR . .
HEY HEY HEY!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!!:mad:

...the hardware ain't bad.:p

Edit: Oh wait, you said the integration of the software with the hardware. Nevermind, continue as you were :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hmm, perhaps a more inquisitive approach as to why your phone was exhibiting such irregular behavior should have been used. That way user's could provide input as to whether or not your phone is a defective unit (or has defective programming) or if the Samsung Moment, as a product, is indeed a "useless piece of shat".

After CL14 my Moment is near greatness...

Upvote 0

GRRRR . .

I believe you need to do a factory reset. Most likely it'll fix some of your problems.

Upvote 0
"Samsung Moment - USELESS PIECE OF SHAT!!!"
i just have to lol this....its frustrating/.. you know what made me feel better for like about 3 days. bitching at sprint for a good 2 hrs and demanding a 50 dollar credit. i wanna sell this crap on ebay but id feel bad for anyone that buys it. im never buying a phone from samsung again. if i ever do buy android itll be a phone by google not "with" google.

Upvote 0
If done right, CL14 can be a blessing. I have it on my phone along with a custom kernal and Numus's refinished battery code (thanks numus) love your update. The phone runs great. Text all day and it currently is 10 at night and i have 50% battery left over. It literally fixes all the problems sammy hasnt been able to fix, and if you read up you can remove the annoying sprint stock apps. Live in the RIGHT MOMENT!

Upvote 0
Wow! now I'm concerned. I think I need to re-think my plans and just stay with my current carrier till Sprint rolls out it's new Android (and 4G capable) phones this year.
4G is worthless on a cell phone and isn't really targeting mobile phone applications (this includes WiMAX and LTE).. it is targeted towards mobile broadband cards (and phones that offically support tethering) and home replacement of copper and fiber supported broadband (cable and DSL)... It wont really speed up your mobile uses at all since all voice and sms will still be maintained over the 1xRTT signal.... The only thing it will do is make the websites load basically 1-3 second faster...

I have done the byte calculations for streaming applications and determined at 1080p pixel density (something NO phone can offer since they can't make the pixels that small yet) we would still only utilize about 60% avalible bandwidth in the EVDO (3g technology) carrier signal... that is the most bandwidth necessary application i could think of to do the calculations and I determined it to be worthless on a mobile phone... So since mobile applications aren't even utilizing everything avalible currently, what would 4g do different?

Reactions: ramiss and jeffdlb
Upvote 0
I have to say as Smartphones go, the Moment is probably the least buggy (with maybe the exception of my Touch Pro 2 running 6.1 on Verizon) device I have ever had. Droid is very clean, simple and just runs well.

I just bought mine last month, pre-installed with CL14. I did have to hard reset the device to eliminate the 'Data Disconnect' issue, but other than that, it's been absolutely a great device.

I am very anxious after hearing about the updates in 2.1 to see what this baby will do with a 'proper' OS version, but for now, I'm kickin' it old school with my 6 month old OS and lovin' it!

Upvote 0
I have to say as Smartphones go, the Moment is probably the least buggy (with maybe the exception of my Touch Pro 2 running 6.1 on Verizon) device I have ever had. Droid is very clean, simple and just runs well.

I am very anxious after hearing about the updates in 2.1 to see what this baby will do with a 'proper' OS version, but for now, I'm kickin' it old school with my 6 month old OS and lovin' it!

I can't help but think that if the providers let Android be open like I get the feeling it was intended to be, the phone communities could have solved almost all of the issues ourselves (without destroying our warranties by rooting the phone), and Android would be hailed as the best phone OS ever. I think it still is, despite the issues.

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones