Samsung Moment won't ringSupport

Last Updated:

1. NewAndroidUser

NewAndroidUser Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched before posting this thread so please forgive me if I missed it somewhere. I have a stock Moment running cl14. I have made ring tones & placed them in the appropriate folders. Sometimes when I receive a phone call, the only way I know it is because my bluetooth will beep in my ear. The phone lights up & caller id kicks in but I get no sound & no vibrate. I can call the phone & actually see the symbol for "silent mode" pop up & disappear when the phone rings. :confused: I then have to go to the Sound & Display tab & re-choose the ring tone I already have selected from the list to get audible ring tones. Can anyone shed light into this?

Also sometimes my personalized ring tones for contacts will not play, or more like play the 1st time they call & play the default ring tone the 2nd time they call. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I've never seen this one before. Does it do this with the default ringtones too? Maybe it's an issue with the software you used to create the ringtones? I'm not a big ringtone guy, but I've used Audacity to edit tones in the past and they work fine with the Moment. I also use Zedge to find funky tones. My current ringer is a car alarm and my notification tone is the disarm chirp. Good luck!

3. Desmodronic

Desmodronic Active Member

I have the same problem. I do not have custom ringtones. Happened to me today actually. I am running 2.1 DD10, but it would do it on cl14 as well. I'm starting to think the problem is with the phone (hardware). They seem to work great when you have a clean flash, but they seem to get all buggered up after a while....and this has happened with me for every update...every version.