Samsung Note 3 64gbGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-12-23 14:28:45
  1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Extremely good point! Especially with NZtechfreak's comments about the phone not even being able to play back the 4k video he took.

Even with the Note 2, I usually shoot pics and videos at the highest resolutions possible, but that fills up storage crazy fast, so I'm constantly unloading the camera folder, especially after events or family parties.

Advertisement
    The_Chief likes this.
  2. Lateck

Lateck Well-Known Member

F
    I'll too, would gladly "order" one! (Or buy it off the shelf).

Lateck
  3. ManaBurnX

ManaBurnX Member

Not all of us International folk are getting the 64gb. I'm living in Bangkok and we only get the 32gb model in black or white. I wanted the 64gb model so badly but I'll have to leave with putting in more memory. We do get a free 32gb memory card for pre-ordering though.
    drexappeal and KOLIO like this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

This is getting ridiculous. No one yet, from any part of Planet Earth, has stated that the 64GB version is available in their area. Is this vaporware? Like the pink Note 3?

Was it a tease of things to come during the holidays, or wishful thinking on Sammy's part?
    KOLIO likes this.
  5. drexappeal

Not much different than last year for both the 32 and 64. Main reason for my actually upgrading is the fact that at least the 32 was confirmed as the bottom line.

The 64 was so rare last year that I don't remember anybody on the forums confirming having purchased the international version with 64gb, except for a video that LucidMike did with the 64gb version from Korea.
  6. GScherler

GScherler Member

I just came across this You Tube video review of the Note 3. (Link is posted below.). At 1:37 it shows that on the Note 3 you can transfer your program/s to the SD card! It states that the Galaxy S 4 is the only other device that comes with this option out of the box. This may explain why no one is actually selling a 64 GB model???

For me this makes it possible to preorder the 32 GB storage version and not have to wait a few weeks in the off chance that AT&T will sometime in the future make the 64 GB storage version available!

Hope this information will help some others here on the forum. I just joined this forum, this morning, after reading this posting as I wanted to follow it in the hopes someone would post up finding the 64 GB version available. Of coarse, what I found just eliminated that need, At least for me. Thought I would post this info in the hopes it might help someone here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Yr7PvgKQw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    BlueBiker and BobF like this.
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi and welcome to Android Forums! Thanks for the info and it's great to have you here :)
  8. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I can confirm I already have several apps on my MicroSD card.
    BobF and Crosley123 like this.
  9. zendroid

zendroid Guest

Yes, installing apps on the SD Card in my S4 works very well. I'll be doing the same with my Note 3.

The ability to do this, using a 64GB Samsung SD card gives me lots of room for a very reasonable price.
  10. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

KOLIO likes this.
  11. zendroid

zendroid Guest

32GB Galaxy Note 3 = Think "retail customer"

64GB Galaxy Note 3 = Think "business customer"

It's my understanding they will add the 64GB to the retail site as supply allows, but because they only get a limited amount of 64GB models to start, and are eager to eclipse Apple when it comes to the corporate market, this is their decision.
  12. drexappeal

I wouldn't recommend to anybody waiting for the 64. No signs are pointing to any of the US providers offering it.
  13. drexappeal

Yeah, it's more likely to see the International 64 offered, but not by the US providers.
  14. Simon_Gardner

Errm, lets see. For starters that's 96 Gb [nominal] versus 128 Gb. Seems there's a 32Gb difference right there. Or am I missing something?

I'm also guessing that for some intensive purposes you may want programs on the phone and not the microSD card? There would be a speed difference I would have assumed.
  15. drexappeal

Because they can? Why would anyone care about how others spend their hard earned money?
    KOLIO likes this.
  16. The Rock

The Rock Member

i care because he is making a loss!!!

i am a responsible citizen:rolleyes:
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Ok.

People want what they want and they need what they need.

You're not preventing anyone from wasting money if you have lesser needs than others.

You're simply throwing rocks and expecting others to conform to your ideas.

Please don't do that. :)

Discussion on that closed. ;) :)
    The_Chief and KOLIO like this.
  18. Simon_Gardner

Personally, l'm going for a 128 Gb microSD card as soon as possible - as long as they work.

[​IMG]
  19. Crosley123

Crosley123 Well-Known Member

Oh, let's try and pretend that not everyone uses the phone in the exact same way as you do...for example, you come visit me at work. Unfortunately, you will not remember meeting me because you are in the Emergency Room. Now, good for you, I'm great at what I do and with the proper diagnosis and CT Scans from Radiology, I'll save your life.

But...if we have been very busy and my phone is too full with other CT scans, I'm going to have to spend time either a) walking over to an open PC with radiology access or b) try and find scans to delete to fit yours in. So, yeah, if I'm willing to spend a few more $$ on a phone and additional memory, I'd suggest that you consider not all of us use it to play games or store 1,000 apps. There are real world applications that need more memory.
  20. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

My understanding is that internal memory is likely to be muuuuch faster than any microSD card, both in terms of low latency (how long it takes to locate and access a particular piece of stored data) and in high bandwidth (how long it takes to read or write large areas of storage).

The new Android 4.3 version in Note 3 is the first Android OS with automatic TRIM support. That will prevent the degradation of internal memory speed over time, but I'm not sure if that advantage also applies to a microSD card.

As usual, EarlyMon feel free to expand on or correct any of the above!
  21. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

Never seen a 128 GB micro SD, only standard SD.
  22. Simon_Gardner

That's why I haven't got one now.
    drexappeal likes this.
  23. zendroid

zendroid Guest

Precisely!

My Note 3 will be used for business work and personal communications, I have no desire to play games on it or watch movies either. By installing the 64GB card I have waiting, I'll have the working room I need with room for more going forward. It's a great solution for all my needs.
  24. Simon_Gardner

Confucius say - you can never have enough storage.
    drexappeal likes this.
  25. drexappeal

I just hope they make it to market. I read a blog talking about issues with the 128gb micro, which is supposedly why it hasn't been released for production yet.