1. andyhca

andyhca Member

Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung note 3 UK model, can

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You either call your carrier for the unlock code or buy one on ebay. The unlock code is tied to the IMEI (serial number) of the phone, so it's unique to each phone. (There may also be a region lock, and an European phone may not work in Asia.)
    andyhca likes this.
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Moved your post to the N III Root section, you will get more support and responses here my friend. ;)
    andyhca likes this.
  4. andyhca

andyhca Member

Noted your advised with Thanks!
  5. andyhca

andyhca Member

Can’t find the above section
  6. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

If you activate any international Note 3 (SM-N9005) with a local SIM from the county you bought it from in that country there will be no issues with a region SIM lock.

However as Rubikat has pointed out it still may be carrier locked. Most carriers (networks) will provide the unlock code and the instructions on how to use it for a fee. If the phone was tired to a paid up deal that has legally ended by a contact buy out or naturally coming to the end of the contract term (unlikely with a Note 3, they are not old enough) then in Europe the network the hand set is tied to are legally obliged to provide the unlock code on asking for it for free.
    andyhca likes this.
  7. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

If you bought a Note 3 and tried a local SIM in Singapore it is region locked now, doing that will activate it. The phone will only work with a UK SIM in the UK now. I belive Samsung UK may be able to help.

Helpline & Contact | Samsung UK
    andyhca likes this.
  8. andyhca

andyhca Member

Thank You all for the precious info..Appreciate it!
  9. andyhca

andyhca Member

phone was unlock successfully without the need of a UK sim card.