samsung note to outlook to google syncGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-09-17 09:20:09
  1. gvarsani

gvarsani Member

hey guys,

my father recently moved from blacberry to samsung note. in blackberry he used to sync outlook contacts with his blackberry and vice-versa. i want to know if it is possible to sync, google, outlook and note to have same contacts everywhere. i tried google sync but it kept making duplicate contacts. so email contact and phone number was in 2 contacts with same name.

would be great if someone can help me with the sync.

i also want to know if samsung note has specific word substitution like in blackberry. for example in blackberry if i type 'myoffice' and press space, automatically my whole office address and other details come up. i want to know if i can do something similar on his phone.

hope someone can help me because i am also planning to buy s3 by next month.

Advertisement
  2. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

There are a number of third-party PC software that handle Outlook to Google sync, which then automatically syncs with your new Note device. They do a great job at it - contacts and calendar if you choose.

www.syncdroid.net compares many of them. Take a look.

My company develops one Outlook to Google sync product called CompanionLink; starting at $14.95. Includes free phone support if you need help. Contacts + Calendar.

Not sure about your second question. If Galaxy Note doesn't have something like that, I'm sure there's an app for that.
  3. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Well-Known Member

I used Kies for some 3 months to sync my Note’s Contacts and Calendar to Outlook but had many, many problems doing so e.g. on one occasion all entries were duplicated in Outlook, even multiple entries being created for some contacts. Fortunately I had backup copies of Outlook and could simply replace the ‘.pst' files when necessary. Regretfully, Samsung ‘Support’ were only of very limited help.
    I then came across a shareware program called MyPhoneExplorer and this has performed without any problems at all for just over a month. It does much more than syncing C&C though and you can check it’s many features at either Google Play or at http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php . Apart from using this excellent program I have no connection whatsoever with fjsoft.
  4. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member

Thanks but I cannot find MyPhoneExplorer on Playstore. I want to check user reviews as well.
  5. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Well-Known Member