Samsung note won't start(or charge), what is the problem?

1. manman

manman New Member

Hey guys

yesterday my phone was charging fine, but when i woke up today my phone was dead and i couldn't charge it.

I have tried 2 cables and tried to clean out my micro-USB port.

What could be the problem? I ordered a wall dock charger to test if its the micro usb that's broken.

Until than any suggestions?
    Idk if this tells you anything but i licked the battery and there is still power inside. (idk if that tells you anything)

idk alot about smart phones :s if anyone could help out, that would be awesome!

thanks, Tim
    (sorry for the bad grammar)

Advertisement
  2. manman

manman New Member

PS: for a few months now the phone had a hard time charging, the charger needed to be inserted at very specific angles.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Could be the charger itself died, you've already tried different cables. If you got a PC handy, could try charging the phone from its USB port. There's probably some residual voltage in the battery, but not enough to run the phone. LiPo rechargeable batteries should never go completely dead anyway as that's bad for them, the phone will shut off before the battery becomes completely discharged.
    manman likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Either that or the battery is dead. They only have like 600 charge cycles of life, which translates to about 1-2 years use.
    manman likes this.
  5. manman

manman New Member

Just tried it with a new cable thats not the problem

that will probably be it :( to bad. now i need to spend another 30
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Can you walk it into a store that carries the Note and ask to try a battery? I'd hate you to spend 30
    manman likes this.
  7. manman

manman New Member

I live in a small town with 2 cell phone stores, none of wich sell the note anymore, so i doubt they'll have a spare battery lying around for it :(. i'm going to order off amazon and hope for the best.
  8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Let's hope that's the problem.

[​IMG]
    manman likes this.