Samsung OEM Dock????Accessories

Last Updated:

1. kbrown17

kbrown17 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Samsung lists one for the Captivate but it's been "out of stock" since day 1. It's also overpriced, considering you still have to use your own USB charging cable/adapter with it.

Chargers - Cell Phones | SAMSUNG

3. kbrown17

I was just saying where is the captivate one

4. DT

DT Well-Known Member

This is an interesting product too:

Chargers - Cell Phones | SAMSUNG

It's a battery, with a battery charger, and the wall/AC adapter, plus the charger doubles as a stand for the phone.

[​IMG]

5. kbrown17

As for an update my ATT store back home i work at when i am not in school the Samsung Dock just got added to our inventory so it got ordered today. I will post pics in a few days of it when i get it in

6. wjkrysak

wjkrysak Active Member

7. meackerman

meackerman Active Member

hmmm. that doesn't look hard to make out of a nice block of wood. Looks like I have a new project this weekend.

8. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Gonna move this to the accessories section

10. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Damn, I just loved my iPhone dock, yes I did...

11. Franceso

Franceso Member

Any more information on the Samsung Captivate auto mount that was briefly mentioned in a news release and has disappeared from sight?

Frank

12. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to bring out a dock that isn't outrageously expensive...

I could see maybe - MAYBE - paying 40 bucks for a dock that included a charger, but since the Samsung one is BYO - the hell with that.

13. silverecho

silverecho Member

I ordered this.
    ezeStand - Droid Owners

It works pretty well. If your phone is in a case..it might not fit vertically.

14. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It's coming out I think, but it's going to take quite a while.

15. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Here is a different site selling the OEM dock for 10 bucks less than Samsung. It also says in the description it includes the AC wall powe supply, which the Samsung website off ONLY ships the dock, no cords, no wall adapter.

They Say it is not available yet but list it as being available on 10/22, roughly a month from now... I AM going to order at least 2 of these!
    http://www.cellularaccessory.com/ecr-d981begsta.html

16. gary1949

gary1949 Well-Known Member

My local AT&T store attempted to order both the desk dock and the auto (windshield) mount featured in a photo announcing the Samsung accessories. Neither of these products is available for AT&T stores to order through their corporate channels, nor is there an expected availability date, if ever.

Third party sources that are offering these products are either not going to get them from Samsung anytime soon or will have to design and outsource their own products.

It's unfortunate that Samsung has listed the desk dock as "out of stock" - although it was NEVER "in stock", but will allow the customer to proceed through the backorder process on their website and telling the customer they will be contacted in 10-14 days when the product WILL be in stock.

Quite deceitful and not the best public relations. :mad:

I'll find substitute products elsewhere since I can not depend on Samsung to provide them in the foreseeable future.

17. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

I was in a local sprint store yesterday, and they have the Samsung Galaxy S branded OEM dock in stock for the Samsung Epic ($39). It includes a wall charger. The Epic has the micro USB located in the CENTER of the top edge of the phone where the Captivate (and other Galaxy S models) have the micro USB located on the left side of the top of the phone (looking from the front of the phone). Other than the location of the micro USB port, this Sprint dock looks like the Captivate would fit fine. I suspect that when T-Mobile, Verizon or at&t release a Samsung OEM dock for their phone it will work with the Captivate. It also looks like it will include the charger.

18. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

I am assuming that the dock does not charge the phone because of the complex location of the microUSB connector, am I right? Do you have to set the phone in the dock and then connect the microUSB cable directly to the phone so the phone will charge?

19. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

The dock would obviously charge. The one shown on the samsung website, which looks to be pretty accurate since it has the right battery door recession and curvature, has a microUSB plug on the left. You would have to connect the dock to a power source however through another port that's on the back.

20. lily0830

lily0830 Member

Nice product.

21. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

Ah, I had only seen the stand before today. The stand charges a battery, but only holds the phone, does not charge it. The dock holds and charges the phone, but not a battery.