samsung player doesnt recognize my music tags?

Last Updated:

1. omgitsoop

omgitsoop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive searched around and havent seen an answer for this one yet. all my music is tagged correctly and it plays fine with every other music player, but the samsung music player will recognize some tags and the rest it just files under "unknown" but then it lists all the info under the song title, so i have a ton of songs with long titles by artist "unknown." is there a specific type of tag that the samsung player wants? other than that i actually like the stock music player, especially the drop down on the lock screen. is there another player with a neat drop down like that on the lock screen maybe?

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I use itunes to tag all my music. Then get the files and put them on my sdcard.

3. omgitsoop

i have itunes too, and winamp and foobar and doubletwist and mp3tag, they all show my music as already tagged. should i delete and retag all my music?

4. RP88

RP88 Member

5. omgitsoop

sorry i know next to nothing about id tags, but it looks like its not recognizing my tags in flac files, is there a way to add id3 tags to flac files?

6. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Im using Media Monkey for all my tags. I just started using it yesterday and have over 4000 songs to go through before I put them on a sd. So I dont know if it works yet.

7. RP88

RP88 Member

8. omgitsoop

i have it, but i seem confused as to how to use it to tag flac, could you possibly give me a run through? ive attempted to use it a few times but in the samsung player all my tags still show up under the song title, and the artist stays listed as <unknown>, why does it play a format that it cant read the tags of? should i consider switching to a different format?

9. omgitsoop

10. Nookz

Nookz New Member

Hi All,

New to this forum and also the Galaxy S. Came up against the same not reading tags in FLAC issue.

Good news - there is a workaround.

Download Extended Media Scanner from Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai. This will scan the FLAC files and import the tags into the standard andriod media database. Then you can use Music Player to listen.

It works, but not completely. On mine it wouldn't read in the genres, but no biggie. Also, last.fm doesn't seem to scrobble tracks imported in this way.

I'll keep digging.

Cheers,

NZ.