samsung pls make a samsung wave phone with galaxy android osGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gimumancer

gimumancer New Member This Topic's Starter

i really like the samsung wave phone design, very stylish and slick! but i dont like the bada os on the other hand i like galaxy s os but i dont like its phone design, so iphone like!arggg

Advertisement
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

you could always try porting android to the wave but that would take major work

3. nismo034

nismo034 Member

Yes please we need Android on the Samsung Wave s8500! Its a nice piece of hardware but seriously another mobile OS!

How do you go about porting Android onto the Samsung Wave?

You wouldnt think it would be that hard considering this phone seems to have similar specs to the Galaxy S and was released around the same time.

Samsung please listen and make Android available for the Samsung Wave!!!

4. drjmo

drjmo Active Member

Seeing as they want Bada to become the new OS on ALL Samsung phones, they aren't going to release it. It's a shame, because I probably would have got a Wave instead of a Galaxy if it had Android. With the amount of money they are pouring into a Bada app store etc, I almost wonder whether in a years time they will ditch Android on all the phones they produce. This could leave us Samsung Android phone users in a sticky situation regarding support + latest Android updates!

5. nismo034

nismo034 Member

I just dont think Bada is going to take off, and it sucks having this phone because all the apps I want are for Android and iPhone.

I just really hope someone releases a mod for this phone so we can get Android on it.

6. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

The last thing I heard from Samsung was that they are planning to have Android on 50% of their phones in the future.

A guy on Samsung Sweden said Bada had a different target user than their Android phones.

7. chocobosandwich

chocobosandwich Banned

OMG this is exactly how I feel! The Galaxy S looks cheap with the shiny black plastic and chubby rounded edges and that bestudded pimp back. It's also over 60mm wide. Ideally I would've liked the Wave to be 3.5" or 3.7" with a color control to tone down those oversaturated colors, but most of all it needs ANDROID!

8. nismo034

nismo034 Member

9. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

I dont have the Galaxy S yet but I do have the Wave w/c uses a similar yet smaller screen size and I dont see the color tone as over saturated.

10. chocobosandwich

chocobosandwich Banned

It's a personal preference. Some official reviews say its gorgeous and others say the colors make them gag. I always turn down the colors on television sets so I'm the latter. I think the main thing is that all the videos I've seen show how "cool" and not "warm" the color temperature looks. Makes them neon-ish, and can be nauseating for some people.

11. nismo034

nismo034 Member

12. NHS2008

NHS2008 New Member

13. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

If I may say... thinking that a facebook group can change anything is a bit naive :)
    I am not trying to be harsh, but one does not make a phone just like that, there is a huge R&D work behind this!
    If Samsung had ever any intention to make a "Wave like" android product, it is either already on its way, or it will never happen :)

14. nismo034

nismo034 Member

Naive ay ollie? Google 'WaveDroid Project' and see who's naive now.

15. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

But that is not a Samsung project :)