• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung precedent is possessed help me fix it pls

chavonne29

Lurker
Feb 23, 2012
Sry for last thread phone stopped again. It was working fine battery was low bout. 23 percent tried plugging n and wouldn't show charge. It was jumping arouns and freezing up I got knline and it atarted getting worse. It went n and out of airplane mode
Then it shut off. I finally got it back on and the keyboard on screen was completely differe.t looking
The screen wil mot lock and I have tried every ay to lock it and it simply will not lock screen ans when I go to power off instead of having thre options silent airplane and off it juzt has power off. What the heck happened and how do I get my old phione back. Thnx for all ur time and patience.

Sry for last thread phone stopped again. It was working fine battery was low bout. 23 percent tried plugging n and wouldn't show charge. It was jumping arouns and freezing up I got knline and it atarted getting worse. It went n and out of airplane mode
Then it shut off. I finally got it back on and the keyboard on screen was completely differe.t looking
The screen wil mot lock and I have tried every ay to lock it and it simply will not lock screen ans when I go to power off instead of having thre options silent airplane and off it juzt has power off. What the heck happened and how do I get my old phione back. Thnx for all ur time and patience.

Hello chavonne. Welcome to the forums.

It sounds to me like you do have a rogue app/widget in there invoking a service which may not be playing nice with system files. I'd go ahead and remove all 3rd party apps and widgets, then shut the device down and let it charge fully.

Then boot up and see how it's running. If no joy, it may be time for a factory data reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones