Samsung prevail won't power on HELP!

Last Updated:

1. nextelmaster

nextelmaster Member

Prevail won't power on after rom manager update. My phone rebooted and wouldn't power back on. It is also rooted. I tried to holding vol. down button cam. and power button, and also tried up vol. and power button still won't power on. My battery was full last night so that's not the prob. So I'm open for any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. blue2107

blue2107 Well-Known Member

Rom Manager?!

Rom manager doesn't officially support the prevail.

Not sure what you updated to. Also not sure if you can come back from that.

If you can't get into download mode I really don't know what to tell you.

Sorry

EDIT: Will it even show the charging animation when plugged in?
  3. nextelmaster

nextelmaster Member

No it won't even show charging. I haven't had the phone a month so I'm stuck like chuck.
  4. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

well you could go back to where you bought it and claim warranty defect.

Best bet just play stupid, I dont know what happened I went to turn it on this morning and it would not.
    nextelmaster likes this.
  5. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

Can you describe what you did in ROM manager

So other people wont do it?
  6. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Well-Known Member

This same thing happened to me, i tried to back up using ROM Manager, i haven't found a solution yet. :(
  7. exninja

exninja Well-Known Member

Any luck with this? I just did the same stupid thing. Did you try taking it back to the store?
  8. riaamaria

riaamaria New Member

Same thing just happened to me. Barely even had my phone for a month after buying it online. Boost couldn't do anything for me, which is bullshit, so I had to call Samsung and I have to send the phone back to them, which means everything on my phone is gonna get deleted. Has anyone found an easier way to get this fixed? This is costing me money because I don't know how to get a hold of Boost to get my phone turned off. There isn't one boost store in this town.
  9. SpCowboy2842

SpCowboy2842 Well-Known Member

You don't need to find a Boost store to have your phone turned off. Just call Boost's Customer Care number at 1-866-402-7366 and explain the situation to them and they'll suspend your account or flip it over to another phone if you have one. You can also e-mail them at www.Boostmobile.com/support/contact-customer-service/. I hope that this helps....;)

One word of warning though. It's best to call on a weekday during the late morning to early afternoon. Boost uses call centers in both the U.S. as well as India, and you'll have a better chance of reaching somebody that's more proficient in English or Spanish.
  10. guerragil

guerragil New Member

The same thing happened to me just now and am probably not going to get it fixed. I just rooted my phone last night and now, wrecked. If there is anyone that can help us all out it would be greatly appreciated. EXACT SAME issue. Some one please help!
  11. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

you can send the phone back to samsung. just tell them it stopped working
  12. deleoncd4

deleoncd4 Active Member

the same thing happened to me and all you have to do is send it back to samsung and they will fix it and send it back.......
  13. Cuteybatutey

Cuteybatutey New Member

Fudddddddge. I did the same thing. I am a complete newbee and tried following the steps to the best of my ability but I kept rebooting in recovery mode, deleting the delvick files, & power cycling but the rom would not go onto the phone. I succeeded in rooting and getting the rom onto the sd card. I then opened ROM MANAGER, when it says pick a phone I picked Geekphone (not sure if this is the exact name), went into my sd card, selected the rom and wallah.... Phone wont turn back on. Factory reset doesnt work. Computer no longer recognizes phone to charger. Charger doesnt recognize phone. Omw to Walmart for a new one now.
    Hope this provides enough info so that you all wont reproduce this disaster. Good Luck Rooting.
  14. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

should make that a sticky on first page DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER!!!!!! i almost did same thing when i started and was just going to pick any phone in there but since couldn't find my phone didn't and sur am glad:D:D:D
  15. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx Well-Known Member

It has been a sticky on the first page for quite some time.
  16. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

woops my bad i usually only go to all things root and never see the first page so sorry my bad
  17. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx Well-Known Member

It's cool. It would be nice if it were a sticky in both though as I'm sure a lot of people do the same as you and completely skip the main forum.
  18. jwh42000

jwh42000 Well-Known Member

I read an article on reviving the prevail with riffs jtag but you have to solder it to the circuit board