1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Proclaim (Illusion) - Straight Talk

1. jontay

jontay Member

This is my first smartphone and I love it so far. Just have a couple of questions:

1) How do I block calls/unwanted phone #'s?

2) How do I 'sign out' of Yahoo mail? In other words, if I lost my phone, someone could just press the yahoo mail app and they could see my email, folders, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Jontay

Advertisement
    :
  2. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

AFAIK, there's no way to prevent unwanted callas from coming to your phone. At best you can download an app like the one called Mr Number to either send them strait to voicemail or do a pickup/hangup.
  3. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

For anti-theft purposes, there's a quite a few choices put there (Look Out and Cerebrus come to mind), where if you install the necessary app ahead of time, you should be able to across it via GPS, is wipe the phone clean remotely; all that and more are provided that the thief turns on the device and doesn't remove the app. In light of that, you may want to have a good password on your lockscreen as well.
  4. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Consider putting a password on your phone so you can still have your email pushed to your phone at all times instead of logging out of Yahoo or whatever else you use.

As far as call blocking, something like Avast, or Advanced Call Manager, or several other apps will allow to to do things like only allow numbers from your contact list, black list or white list numbers, etc. I'd also recommend something to remote wipe your phone in case it's lost or stolen.
  5. jontay

jontay Member

Having the Yahoo app loaded on my phone seems to have been the problem ..... in regards to not being able to sign out of Yahoo.

Apparently, it is better to NOT have the app downloaded and instead go to yahoo.mail thru the internet browser (bookmark it) each time I want to use my yahoo email. This way I can sign in and sign out each time thus, no one able to just search my emails if I was to lose my phone and someone found it.

Anyone care to weigh in on this in case I am mistaken?