Samsung Push Service/Battery DrainSupport

1. Elly44

Elly44 Member

Upgraded to ICS, no issues. But--since then my battery is being drained. I believe it's because of a program called Samsung Push Service. I've seen some references to it that say it sends notices of updates for the Samsung App program. It can be uninstalled, but as soon as you click on the Samsung Apps, it apparently reinstalls itself.

Has anyone else come across this? Found anyway to permanently disable? Know if uninstalling it has any undesirable effects on the Samsung apps themselves? Thanks for any feedback.

Running stock with no intentions of rooting or going for custom ROMS. Looking for others with same setup for feedback. Thank you.
    Elly44

Advertisement
    :
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I've had Samsung Push installed for a few weeks since I got the My Story app and haven't noticed any battery issues really.
  3. MidLman

MidLman Member

I'm having the same issue on my s3. Same situation: running stock, no plans to root. Samsung Push is draining my battery like crazy.
    Afraid I haven't found a solution yet.
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

You should be able to uninstall or disable it. My original Note allows me to uninstall it. My Note 10.1 on the other hand can only disable it. The problem is it always installs whenever Samsung apps is launched. Then I have to repeat the steps again for my original Note.