• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung r720, removed system file, forgot to replace it and restart splat

fashes

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
I need to start this by saying I'm not a noob. I may be new to android and I don't spend much time (any) with linux, but dammit! I know... stuff!

I rooted my SCH-r720 last week. Everything was fine until today. I restarted the phone, got thru the MetroPCS animation, then the SAMSUNG black screen and then.... that's it.

So either something I installed today is preventing it from booting, I installed lots of security apps and ProLauncher. And I did a stupid stupid thing.

I deleted poweron.wav from /system/etc and forgot to replace it, then restarted my phone and consequently broke my own damn phone.

Got the phone into recovery wiped data. Nada. Still won't boot.

I poked around with QtADP a bit. Got ADP and tried replacing the file, I get permissions denied. I tried to remount, denied.

Help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones