Samsung Recovery Mode

Last Updated:

1. ceddie85

ceddie85 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have Samsung Moment 2.1 on my phone as well as the DD10 files and the Joey v5 ROM on my memory card but when I go into recovery mode its the old recovery mode not the new one and it doesn't read the files on my phone. I had the new recovery mode 2.1 on my phone earlier but I had to flash back to CL14 BC the 2.1 previously would start to open but wouldn't go to the main screen home screen that's everything..help please

Advertisement
  2. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

The stock cl14 or the stock DD03 will wipe the Recovery and everything else. you need to redo the Recovery.

3. ceddie85

ceddie85 New Member This Topic's Starter

ramiss or anyone on the board could you please be more clear iam new to this flashing and rooting? do i need to flash 2.1 again BC of the recovery mode being an older version? bc when i had the the 2.1 on my phone the 1st time I remeber a different recovery mode for the 2.1 that had more options and let me root my phone witht he same files on the sd card now but since i had to flash back to CL14 then back to 2.1 bc of it messing up..HELP PLZ

4. thebrain

thebrain Active Member

If you already have Android 2.1 on your phone all you need to do is re flash Joeys recovery 2.1.3 v5. you can use the sprint updater to do this. You can not install the recovery from the sd card.

5. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

6. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

What build do you have now? Did 2.1 ever work for you? If so, did you have your issue of not booting up when you tried to install DD10?

7. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

actually you are supposed to do recovery from the sdcard and not the sprint updater!!!!