• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung regretting throwing Note 5 and other microSD users under the bus?

johnpjackson

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2013
Western Massachusetts
A glimmer of hope for a Note 6, perhaps? Could expandable storage make a comeback?

Why can't Samsung offer expandable UFS storage chips? I'd certainly buy that, if that was the only way to get my mobile phone/camera up to 128GB or 256GB of storage. Eff the cloud, and the service provider horses it rode in on, charging an arm and a leg for bandwidth and storage.

http://northernarizonanews.com/tech...g-back-micro-sd-support-on-the-smartphone/25/

I'm still toughing it out with my Note 3. If I can make it another 10 months, maybe I'll get lucky..

:)

I need MicroSD. I've got 40GB of music that I've carried on all my phones for a few years now. I really like my Note 3 but I won't get another Samsung phone unless external storage returns. Not by using a dongle and attaching a USB thumb drive to it but as a slot on the phone. Does Samsung regret it? Probably not. They did okay against the iPhone with that change.

Upvote 0
Sorry but with Google and all providers putting a big push against on board storage our only shot is a 128 gb note 6 but that would bring price up to close to $1000 or more.

I change my mind daily but at this point I plan to keep my Note 3 until my gear 2 breaks. At that point I may go to LG or another company offering sd card if any still do.

Upvote 0
This is ridiculous. I took some pictures for work. I have them automatically upload to the cloud but that takes some time. When I got into my car ny phone just died. This scared the carp out of me because if the phone died I'd lose the photos that hadn't uploaded then. But if I could snap pictures directly to an sdcard I would DEFINITELY do it. So even if the phone died I'd still be able to get them from the sdcard.

I hate Samsumg.

Luckily the battery just died. But that was a mystery because it only died after about 5 hours, and I wasn't really using it that much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones