Samsung Reveals Docks, Cases for Epic 4G (Galaxy) PhonesAccessories

1. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Samsung Reveals Docks, Cases for Vibrant, Captivate, and Epic 4G - Yahoo! News

[​IMG]

YouTube - Sprint EPIC 4G Accessories

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Samsung on Wednesday announced some battery-boosting cases and docks for their popular Galaxy S line of smartphones, including AT&T's Captivate, T-Mobile's Vibrant, Verizon's Fascinate and Sprint's Epic 4G.
    The new accessories include a car dock, a bedside dock, and a backup battery charger. The bedside dock comes with a new app, Desk Home, which kicks the phone into a bedside mode, lowering the screen brightness and offering easy access to weather, alarms and music.
    The accessories will be customized to fit the different form factors of each of the four carrier models, Samsung said. The company didn't announce prices for the accessories, but they'll all be available on Samsung's Web site.
    Both the Samsung Captivate and Vibrant come with free Google Maps Navigation, but they're not yet the best phones to use in your car. Both phones are waiting on promised updates to fix problems with their A-GPS reception, and they need an upcoming Android 2.2 update for their voice dialing to work with Bluetooth headsets.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Well this is a good sign that Samsung is taking this device very seriously, and will (hopefully) be supporting this device long into the future.
  3. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Those are pretty nice. I wonder if Samsung will be better about releasing the "official" docks than HTC has been for the EVO. Originally, the docks for the EVO were supposed to be available on the release date, then July, then August (right after the 2.2 upgrade), now the latest rumor is sometime in September...LOL.
  5. prince eric

prince eric Member

I like the desk dock, its funny I was just wondering if they'd have something like this if the phone ever becomes available
  6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

What is a battery boosting case???
  7. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

A case that steals your battery.

:p jk
  8. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

lol!!
  9. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

what site is that first pic from ?? i cant get a close look at whats what
  10. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Here ya go, sorry about that, attached the original pic to the OP also.

Attached Files:

11. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Is it correct (and sad) to assume that the dock will not work if the Epic is an a case?
  12. Zeosstud

Zeosstud Member

It is a fact that you cant have a case on your phone and plug it into the home dock. But that is not the worst of it, the audio connection on the home dock, not even operational until the phone gets updated to Froyo ( Android 2.2 ). Guys that is just plain silly to me.

Zeosstud
  13. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

My first purchase will be the spare batter and charger. I loved that about my Instinct (was included in the box).
  14. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

Evo car dock has been out for a bit now. it's just not in stores or being advertised.
  15. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

That & the soft case for me; I hate the 1 that was only available when I got it...
  16. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

Well I did get the Soft Case :)
  17. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I'll have pics of my Epic in the ProClip Adjustable holder before the end of the weekend. I really don't understand their car dock. The bottom of the holder is fixed to cup the bottom of the phone and the top has to slide in to the male MicroUSB. That's just confusing unless the bottom clips are on some sort of spring. Personally I'm sticking with the adjustable holder that fits my bare Epic just fine and getting and up angled microUSB cable that can run behind the holder and not stick up like a sore thumb when plugged in.
    [​IMG]

No need for a custom holder that'll set me back another $60+ and only use for a year before I ditch the Epic and move on to something else.

And, like the official Evo holder it's probably a fail because I'm sure the cradle doesn't have a standard AMPS or Richter back to attach it to a dash mount from any of the mounting companies (proclip, panavise and such). So you're stuck with a suction cup that sits on your windshield or the top of your dash like an appendage.
  18. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I actually saw one in the Sprint store here in Milwaukee today.

Does anyone know if the usb input will be at the base of the car dock like the Evo's??
  19. dbpaddler

if it's in the base, you're stuck using it with the suction cup. no real way to have a nice integrated dash solution.
  20. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Desk dock sucks. 3mm jack doesn't work and it keeps muting the phone.
  21. dbpaddler

I think someone said the jack will work once the 2.2 upgrade comes out.

Also, did you download the dock app from the market?
  22. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

Trouble is, the rubber "soft" case is only soft on the outside. I love the charger (which anyone who owns this phone will need), but I haven't able to use it because I'm afraid I'll scratch the phone removing the soft shell with the hard plastic interior. Someone needs to make a great case for the Epic that's both effortless and safe to remove.

In the meantime, I'm considering taking back the rubber case tomorrow and getting the leather one (to which you've linked) instead.
  23. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

Any updated ETA on the Froyo update? This is by far the biggest annoyance of waiting for it -- waiting on the audio connector in the awesome desk dock to be enabled. I can't really use the dock and listen to Pandora at the same time now (other than propping it up on the dock "backwards").

Thanks,
    -- robert
  24. dbpaddler

I thought it was October, but I don't remember where I saw the rumors. Don't think a definite date was given.