Samsung s2 crashes repeatedly after updateSupport

1. wurlyvalve

wurlyvalve Member

Hi, I'm very new to this. this is my first smart phone, and up until two weeks ago i could just about live with it. However, it performed an auto update and loaded some new software, ever since it has become unusable. It crashes, on average, ten to twenty times a day. Things that i can guarantee cause it too crash include: my genuine Samsung car dock, Facebook messenger, accuweather, bubble defense (which was installed for me during the update). Is this a known problem? Might there be something wrong with my phone? am I supposed to do something after each update to make my phone work properly that i haven't been told about?

Many thanks,
    Glen.

Samsung galaxy s2, Tesco module (o2)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum wurlyvalve and thanks for joining.

Sometimes after a firmware update remnants from the old firmware can interfere with the new. A factory reset of your phone should remove all traces of the old firmware and should solve the problem.
  3. wurlyvalve

wurlyvalve Member

Ok, cool. How do i do that? Will i lose all my settings? Only i have found the phone to be overtly complicated for me to use so far, and the thought of having till go through everything again to get things working fills me with fear. Would i not be better of disabling updates rather then having to go through all of this again?

Many thanks,
    Glen.
  4. Shotgun84

Sorry, did I misread your question? Was it an app which auto updated or was it a full system update of your phone? If it was just an app with any luck removing said app will solve your problems.
  5. wurlyvalve

wurlyvalve Member

No, the phone upgraded its firmware but also it installed some new apps of its own accord _ not all of which actually work!
  6. Shotgun84

It looks like you may have to factory reset, which can be done by going to settings, privacy, factory data reset. This will however wipe all your settings and apps.

If you are worried about having to do all this again after other updates there should be an option to reject updates if one becomes available. There is also the chance that you won't have these problems next time. I'm assuming that you were updated from gingerbread to ICS which is a big one so can cause problems without a wipe. But going from one ICS firmware to another ICS firmware shouldn't be such a big deal.
  7. wurlyvalve

wurlyvalve Member

I wish i hadnt done that. ive done the reset and now the phone us nearly inpossible to use again grr. I sync my contacts bwfore the reset but theyve all gone now. Lost them all. And worst of all it still crashes. That didnt fix it.
  8. mrDevine

mrDevine Member

I got the same issues mate. Loads of my apps dont work. Never seen a force close until now and i have had the phone 8months. Ics is not making me happy
  9. kaymanek

kaymanek New Member

wurlyvalve;4382685]Hi, I'm very new to this. this is my first smart phone, and up until two weeks ago i could just about live with it. However, it performed an auto update and loaded some new software, ever since it has become unusable. It crashes, on average, ten to twenty times a day. Things that i can guarantee cause it too crash include: my genuine Samsung car dock, Facebook messenger, accuweather, bubble defense (which was installed for me during the update). Is this a known problem? Might there be something wrong with my phone? am I supposed to do something after each update to make my phone work properly that i haven't been told about?

just bought recently the same :):):)

Many thanks,
    Glen.
  10. Shotgun84

Welcome to the forum kaymanek, sorry for the delay.

Have you wiped your phone since the firmware update?