Samsung S2 slow data download speedSupport

Last Updated:

1. shunney

shunney New Member

I bought the S2 second hand and everything seems to be working fine except the network download speed (wifi is fine). When I check the speed through app it barely moves on the download section getting approx. 100-200k, the upload seems ok between 1-2 Mbps.

I have a friend with same phone and on same network and his runs fine between 1-4Mbps, so I tried his sim in my phone but same issue. The only difference I could see is that he's running ice cream sandwich and different firmware etc, mine came with jelly bean 4.1.2 update. (not rooted)

I'm hoping there's some fix to this maybe an update or setting ?

If someone could help me I would be so grateful :)

My phone specs-
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (unlocked)
    Model - GT-I9100
    Android 4.1.2
    Baseband I9100NELS1
    Kernel - 3.0.31 889555

PDA - I9100XWLSD
    PHONE -I9100NELS1
    CSC - I91003IELS4

I'm in Ireland and on the 3 network.

Thank you

2. shunney

shunney New Member

I was reading about a similar issue with another user, but his was on ice cream sandwich. The problem was solved with a different firmware.

Does anyone know if there's any different firmware's I can try ? Kies just tells me I have the latest, but i'm aware you can use Odin3 if you have the firmware file.... I've looked on sammobile, but when I put my phones details I only get the option for the same firmware I already have.

It's a shame because other than the download speed the phone is excellent.

3. shunney

shunney New Member

Ok I've been trying to learn as much as I can and I think i'm getting somewhere, so what about this....

I see on sammobile that there's a few different firmware versions for my country depending on network.

Is it safe for me to try firmwares from other carriers in my country, as long as they're 4.1.2, or even from the UK ?

4. shunney

shunney New Member

Cue the sound of crickets chirping, lol....
  5. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member