Samsung S4 Mini leaked!General

1. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

And now we have the mini S4. Leaked already and so soon??? Lol. Anyone surprised?

SPOTTED: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 | SamMobile

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

3. don't the get point of the Mini series. Why not just buy the S2 instead of the mini S4
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

They get to sell older kit at newer model prices, and gain some cross-marketing by linking two otherwise unconnected phones by name and styling.

Or did you mean from the customer's point of view? ;)
  5. Obviously from customer's point of view, because I did use the verb "buy".
  6. Hadron

Hence the wink.

I've not really looked at the S4 Mini's specs yet, but for the S3 Mini you are quite right that an S2 would be a better bet.
  7. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

That is if you want a much larger device and are willing to pay $60 more for it, at least where I live.
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

1. The S2 is EOL and unavailable in many markets now.
    2. Improved hardware in a more compact form factor.
    3. The latest OEM release of Android.
    4. The ""S4" name. ;)

p.s. update on SamMobile today:

9. Hadron

Checked the specs now. It looks like a step up on the S3 Mini anyway, and finally overtakes the S2 in most respects (though you may want to argue about the screen if it's a pentile), but as Slug says that comparison is becoming moot. One thing that's clear is that Samsung are using exactly the same strategy as last year.

The question is the processor. I guess it will be another dual Exynos 4, but if so that would be clearly inferior to the processors other manufacturer's mid-range 4.3" handsets have been using since last year (One S, RAZR M for example). That's my guess though (i.e. that this will be flogging old tech in a new skin) - we'll know whether I'm right or not soon ehough.

Well, I'm not the target market for this anyway. ;)
  10. masturblastur

masturblastur Member

I really wish they could squeeze real Galaxy S4 internals into the Mini S4. That's the perfect screen size.
  11. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Well that was fast
  12. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Pointless. Why would I buy a phone with crappier specs than my current Rezound, which is 1.5 yrs old? Just because it says S4 on the side?

Give me that phone with the internals of an S4 and a really nice 720p 4.3-4.5" screen, but much smaller than the actual S4, and you've got a winner.
  13. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

What you describe used to be my ideal for a phone, when I still had my HTC Desire (Bravo), and I still consider it a very nice form factor (still larger and higher resolution display than iPhone 5). But now that I'm used to the size of my S3 I'd gladly take a full-fat S4 lol.
  14. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

Hey thanks Captain Obvious! ;)
    VinceSerge likes this.
  15. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I too went from the Desire (I love HTC) to the GS3. Now when I hold my Desire in my hand it just feels so itty bitty lol
  16. Gomjaba

How would the S4 Mini compare to the GS3 'maxi'?

Size wise I'd prefer the Mini and the S3 is quick enough for me.. Tempted to get the Mini instead, just not sure ....yet.
  17. Hadron

We won't know until official specs are released. Rumours say that may be soon, but you know rumours...
  18. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Do you already have a GS3? I'm betting you'll take one look at the 256ppi screen and walk out of the store. Why couldn't they throw a bit better screen on there to make it worth while? Doesn't have to be 1080p, but at least 720.
  19. Gomjaba

I do Yes. To be honest I don't care about the resolution as I don't watch movies on it. But I think the best thing is really to actually play with it in the shop lol.
  20. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I have to say +1 to this lol

After having my s3 for about a month, I decided to mess around with my old 3vo....feels like an iPhone now :eek: lol
  21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I don't watch movies on my phone either but you can tell a big difference when web browsing when you a lesser resolution. Or at least I can, I don't think 1080p is a must but I do agree with 720p especially after using it for a while.
  22. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Haha, watch it will be a S3 with an S4 label... yeah guys this is totes a s4 mini
  23. aarif87226

aarif87226 Well-Known Member

S3/4 for the man, mini for his GF? :confused:
  24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Who knows, right?

My wife and I both use a 4.7" phone, and she has small hands.

Maybe it's just more personal preference than gender.
  25. Hadron

What you just described is the S4, not the mini.