Samsung S4's Micro USB to Standard USB cableGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eieioNYC

eieioNYC New Member

I have a technical question regarding the white Micro USB to Standard USB white cable that comes with the S4:

Does it have a non-standard, internally reversed wiring that the S3's black Micro USB to Standard USB does? I know for certain that the S3's black cable has internally REVERSED cabling.

I'm asking because i need a 2nd white Samsung S4 micro usb to standard usb cable (it only comes with one) due to my specific circumstances and they are kind of tough to come by. If there's anyone who knows how to get one more of these, I'd be grateful to know please.

Back in the S3 days, I did my research and Samsung did indeed reverse 2 internal cables INSIDE their black S3 usb cable. Hence, it was imperative that one would only use ORIGINAL Samsung S3 usb cables, and NOT ordinary micro usb to standard usb cables. Thank you so much in advance.

Advertisement
  2. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Well-Known Member Developer

not had any issue using a sammy cord vs a standard micro/usb cord from target.....
  3. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

I've been using my S2 charger / data cable since I got it. The S2 charger is quite weak though and does not charge as quick as the S4 one. Data-wise, I've not noticed a difference.
  4. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

What issues does the "reversed cabling" cause?

I bought several non genuine / standard micro USB cables and used them with my S3 and now with my S4 I have used the same cables with no issues to charging / data sync.
  5. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Using my htc evo lte 1amp charger/cable, because i don't like how hot my s4 gets with the 2amp charger, and it works just fine
  6. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member Contributor

I've used my Tab 2 7.0 brick with my S2 cable to charge my S4. Used my S4 cable to hook a friend's S3 to my computer. Not really sure what reversed wire your talking about though.
  7. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This sounds decidedly confused to me. I suspect your research wasn't as thorough as it might have been.

It was perfectly possible to use any old micro USB cable with an S3 and it's exactly the same for the S4.

MHL cables and OTG cables were different but also had different purposes. There is a standard spec for USB cables and manufacturers don't start making things up for themselves.
  8. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

lol I've been using an odd assortment of cables going way back and my old N1 which were the longest I ever received with a phone so I still use them for that reason. I rooted my phone and installed the recovery with one of the random data cables in the drawer, not even sure what phone it came from. I did this through the S2, S3, and now with the S4 and some various other brand phones as well.

I do like how quick this new charger is and I can tell you from experience that it works the same with a random cable also.