• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung s5 Wifi Timer and Blocking Mode won't work properly

leodmonkey

Lurker
May 11, 2015
Hello guys . i have a Samsung Galaxy S5 DUOS SM-G900MD
ANDROID 4.4.2 rooted
KERNEL: 3.4.0-2931355 dpi@DWDD5507
CARRIER from Brazil
BASE BAND : G900MDUBU1ANF3

So i like to use the Wifi Timer function when i go to sleep, and auto start my wifi when i get to work.

But this piece of crap sometimes does not work, is there a fix for this problem ?

I believe the problem is , if you change the wifi status at any moment the wifi timer gets buggy: P when I fist set the Wifi Timer it works, but just for a few days.

Samsung software is really crappy, the "Blocking mode" also does not work correctly, configured not to show led notifications on specified time, and still does...

Last edited:
Hello guys . i have a Samsung S5 android 4.4.4

So i like to use the Wifi Timer function when i go to sleep, and auto start my wifi when i get to work.

But this piece of crap sometimes does not work, is there a fix for this problem ?

I believe the problem is , if you change the wifi status at any moment the wifi timer gets buggy: P when I fist set the Wifi Timer it works, but just for a dew days.

Samsung software is really crappy, the "Blocking mode" also does not work correctly, configured not to show led notifications on specified time, and still does...

Hello and welcome to Android forums leodmonkey :)

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 40 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 4 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0 and Android 5.0.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

For more information, see, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

(TIP If you are a poster it is a good idea to mention your model number and firmware version in case this has a bearing on your problem.

Better still, if you have 25+ posts to your name, you can go to the black bar at the top of this forum and click on your
Username, which will show a drop down menu. Just select, "Signature", and you can enter in the signature box the details of your phone, i.e. - "Galaxy S5 G900F".This ensures that your device details are shown in every post you make. You can update this as often as you like and will help other users immediately identify your phone and firmware.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones