samsung setupwizard stoppedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sepehrmagic

sepehrmagic New Member

i wanted to increase my ram size,so i used this thread
    h t t p://
    after hitting ON in swapper,systemui stopped working and i had to pull the battert out.i started it again,but it stuck on galaxy ace 2 screen.
    i went to recovery,it said can not mount /system
    i flashed i8160xxmf1 with odin again and now my phone cant go past setup wizard (unfortunately setupwizard stopped).
    before i installed swapper,my firmware was i8160xxmf1 and kyrillosrom,which had no problems.
    what i tried:
    wiped data and cache,flashed mb4 firmware and repartitioned=same error.
    flashed cyanogen mod 10,stuck on cyanogen logo.
    reverted to I8160XXLK6 (gingerbread) works.tried to upgrade to jb without re partition,same error (setupwizard).
    now after some thinking the problem might be this:
    i was following this line before i screwed up my phone:
    h t t p://
    and i think something in internal partition messed up
    please help guys,i don't want to stay on crappy gb for ever!

2. Smokey Mc Pot

Smokey Mc Pot Well-Known Member

Hi @sepehrmagic,
    It is unfortunate what happened to your phone...

I did looked into the forum thread you mentioned and I'm under the impression that the topic was written intentionally for the (Samsung Galaxy Y) in mind?!
    At this point the only sound advice I can give to you, is for you to contact and ask for support from the thread contributor aka (CarlDeanCatabay) himself.
    He might be able to help you.

*External SD cards are flash memory and are always slower than the internal memory of the phone.

*I seriously disagree and don't advice anyone to try (Memory swap) or (ram memory swap) on their phones.

*Because you might increase the memory size but you will not increase the processing speed of the phone.
    So you will end up with a slower phone in the end.

*You will also destroy the SD card quicker as it wasn't designed to perform that kind of job in the first place.
    And you will only increase the chances to find yourself with a faulty device in the end.

*MB4 gives you 624mb ram.
    And that is more than enough for this device.

You have been riding on luck until now by experimenting mix and match with (kyrillosrom) and (cyanogen mod 10). All is missing there was the (Italian Job)...
    But you need to understand that the developers of this Rom's are only human people like you or me.
    And to successfully create and make this custom Rom's work, they need to make the necessary and plenty of changes to the firmware. That means they will move change and delete important parts of the firmware just to suit their needs.
    It is not a good idea to mix and match.

Hope you can find a solution to your problem.
    But consider yourself lucky to have a working phone after all that.

sepehrmagic likes this.
  3. sepehrmagic

sepehrmagic New Member

thank you smokey.
    yes you are right,it was my own carelessness that caused all this shit.
    unfortunately i was naive and didn't pay attention to the galaxy y section.
    i will try to change kernel,and see what happens
    thanks again.
  4. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

No. Don't try to change the kernel or do ANYTHING else advanced (if you want my opinion, anyway). Pretty much like Smokey said only luck has carried you this far and I'm surprised your phone hasn't become a complete brick you cannot recover from.

Before messing around with flashing, rooting or anything more advanced make sure you're comfortable, have adequate tech knowledge AND do plenty of research. More than you think you need to do. Read up. Not just on one website but on multiple websites and posts. Jot down notes if you're a person who easily forgets things. Research research research. Check and double check. Manually flashing firmware is ALWAYS a risk. Especially if you're not careful.

My advise to you now would be to flash back to a stable firmware that's meant for your phone and region and just settle with that. No more flashing. Maybe consider rooting in the future when you fully understand it and know what you wanna get out of it but first make sure you're gonna be getting the desired effect.

Best of luck to you and hope you fix your device. :)