• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung-SGH-i547 seen as System Folder in Windows?

dougguy

Lurker
Oct 29, 2012
Hey all, my question is not about the system folder on the phone, it's about the phone being seen in windows as a system folder when it is attached via usb cable.

Is there any way to make it show up as a removable device or a usb drive? It does the same thing on XP as well as windows 8.

My old Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G showed up as removable disk, gf's Samsung Galaxy SII shows up as a removable disk, but the Rugby Pro shows up as a System Folder and it is causing a major PITA getting pics and vids off the card in the phone.

Windows Explorer or File Explorer opens another instance when the phone is accessed, and it forgets the last open folder, forgets where you put the last pic and makes you drill and drill and drill through directories over and over again, repetitively increasing the amount of work I have to do to manage pics by 400% and I hate it.

I never had this issue when it was a removable disk and everything was much smoother and much faster.

Is this a Jelly Bean issue? I don't remember having so much trouble with ICS.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones