Samsung SNS?Support

1. pwannell

pwannell Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am finding SNS a complete waste of time at the moment! Would anyone here agree! Messages do not corrispond to message on Facebook at all, I tried logging in to the social hub at mysocialhub | Samsung Social Hub however it says my IMEI number is not available. Is there ANYWAY i can remove the social stuff from my phone and still use the phone as it should?

regards

Advertisement
  2. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

don't think you can remove it, but see if "app freezer" works. I've seen a video of it freezing apps on the GSII so they don't use memory.
  3. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

if you want facebook/twitter etc you can just install gthe official apps from the marketplace, just ignore the social hub (i dont use it at all)
  4. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

True...the official apps are so good and well integrated and the social hub has no place.
  5. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

Tbh all the hubs are crap, they are just portals that take you to the marketplaces from other companies that you have to pay for everything on. Ebooks, magazines, music, games. The built in music app has been removed due to the music hub and the stock android music app is waaay better.
    Ebooks, i managed to import a few of my ebooks from fbreader into the one in the hub, and its rubbish, screwed up all my formatting rendering the books unreadable.
    Social hub, crap. nuff said.
    Game hub = gameloft marketplace, i mean wtf?
  6. pwannell

Played with Odin so am quite familiar and am fully prepared to try root when getting home this evening. I am going to try and feeze all the samsung apps.What is the official music player for Android? is it something freely available on Marketplace?

I want to get this phone as vanilla as possible. I also want to see contact status update on one of my homescreens too. Been stuggling with this for some time and cant seem to get it to happen. If people update their IM status their status changes on homescreen but change their FB status and nothing changes on the homescreen. :-(

Any advice for rooting....been to the rooting forum but 3 posts in there arent too helpful :D
  7. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

no its not on the marketplace, same as google talk which has been replaced by IM the official one has had video talk added.
    The inbuilt music app is very basic but it does what it says on the tin, unlike the one bundled by samsung, which pretty much only lets you buy stuff, not play your own music.
  8. pwannell

Thanks all. Just rooted and frozen the sns. Unfortunately there are now a few things missing. Ideally I'd like to have 8 people shortcuts on my home screen and be able to use google talk from those shortcuts. With the sns enabled these shortcuts also had Facebook status updates on them, the status would also show up when making calls to people. Are there apps to cover these features please?
  9. mystvearn

mystvearn Well-Known Member

I tried to register today too and got IMEI not in system. I heard that SNS is like HTCsense.com though I'm not so sure how good it is. Wanted to give a go, but could not as my shs is not registered with them.

Could anyone register?
    Samsung Social Hub
  10. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

I believe they have the same function - the ability to back up and wipe your phone remotely. htcsense.com is I think a bit of a gimic in that it's just marketed towards the consumer and made to look fancy.
  11. designsubway

designsubway Guest

I am having the same problems with my S2 on Orange UK. I can add my email and IM accounts to the social hub but I can't add facebook and twitter. When I go to the social hub website it doesn't recognise my IMEI number and when I go to the Q&A part of the site to send them a message there is no option to send a message to/from the UK.
    Maybe the social hub is simply not available yet in the UK? It's a bit rubbish when they market a device with a feature that is redundant. Come on Samsung - sort it out!