Samsung software problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. sudburys

sudburys Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys (and Girls)...

Am new to this forum so hope I'm not repeating too much...

I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S (10 days ago) and as of yet am still to get the desktop software - Samsung Kies - to recognise it when connected via USB cable. Like some of you above I can access the internal memory and SD card via My Computer but if I try to use any of the widgets along the bottom, ie. calendar or contacts I get told "this device does not support this action".

I have spoken to Samsung tech team 5 times and each time they are confident they can solve the problem by telling me some simple settings - USB debugging etc but they are still yet to work. I have even installed Kies on a different computer, also running Windows XP and it is exactly the same.

My wife and I both use the Outlook calendar so I really need to be able to Sync my phone with it, I dont care about the contacts, Memos could be useful too though.

Does anyone have a way that I can get this sorted? Ive read about someone mention syncing via google calendar but am not sure how to do it.

I find it absolutely amazing how Samsung can release this phone yet the software for the PC does not recognise it?!?!?!

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums!

I moved your post because your device isn't a Samsung Galaxy I7500, but the newer Samsung Galaxy S. Good luck with your issue!

3. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

4. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

That would work but what a PITA. I do that with my 3 year old piece of junk. I'm hoping for a better experience when I get my SGS derivitive.

5. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

6. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

I had the same prob getting kies to recognise the phone but after switching on usb debugging it did see it, i turned it off sfter and it sees it every time now. One thing I did notice on my pc was that whe I used the usb hub it didnt work but when I plugged into the USB ports on the pc it worked...just in case your using a hub its worth a go

7. theredkrawler

theredkrawler Active Member

My wife and I share a calender for family events. I created it in my Gmail account, and invited her to it. It now shows up on both phones and both of us can add/remove/edit events from the phone or PC and its mirrored on the other phone.

Does something like this ...
    Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help (already linked above) ... not allow you to sync the Outlook Calander to your Gmail account? If so, just share that calender by inviting your wife to it and voila.

Seems alot easier than plugging multiple phones into the computer via a cable every night?