1. ujjain

ujjain Member This Topic's Starter

The Hero is older, but both seem currently available for

Advertisement
  2. gusto5

gusto5 Well-Known Member

3. Sparkle1975

Sparkle1975 Active Member

Definately Hero. Samsung design is nice, but I think that Hero is slightly better, and has more ROM options. And definately a lot more users than Samsung.

Samsung does not have any light in the hardware buttons, and the unlock procedure is not very smart.

However, I prefer Samsung Galaxy Spica over the Samsung Galaxy i7500, which is very slow.

I have had HTC Magic, Hero, Tattoo, Desire, Motorola Milestone, Samsung i5700 and i7500.

4. zhaoyuping

zhaoyuping New Member

RAM is very important than other things

5. prshah

prshah New Member

Most definitely the Spica. The snappy 800Mhz CPU makes a very positive difference. The limited on-device storage is not much of an issue.

However, the Spica feels slightly flimsy when compared to the Hero. There is also a very noticeable "tang" when handling the call end button. (I think it's the accelerometer or gravity sensor, or something like that).

In addition, the Spica has only 3.6mbps 3G capability, and a 3.2 megapixel camera in place of 5 megs (but the camera is excellent). Finally, this must be said; the damn Spica is a fingerprint magnet, and makes my slightly reluctant to hand over my phone to other since it looks a little smudgy when the screen is off. The Hero has an oleo-phobic touch surface.

I have been using my Spica for slightly over a week and am very happy with it. I have only briefly handled the Hero.

Cheers,
    PRS

6. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

hello

i had have the htc hero from dec 30 2009 and then to now, and have buy the samsung galaxy spica, and i much say that the spica is quicker then hero, so the ram on hero do not have so much to say......

7. dongagon

dongagon New Member

I have owned a Hero for 6 months and now own a Spica. I think the Spica is a bit quicker just as responsive, and i prefer a feel of it in my hands. Don't miss the camara on the Hero as i never used it much.
    I think the screen on the Hero is better probably because of the tech therein
    I did like the virtual Hero keyboard, so will have to look to see if i can get it on my Spica.
    One more thing the reception and battery of the Spica is mile better than the Hero:)

8. stuli1989

stuli1989 New Member

I just got a new spica a while back and have used a friends hero quite a bit... i would most certainly say that while the hero may have the sense UI going for it thats the only thing which in my opinion makes the hero more preferable.. in all other respects like responsiveness etc i think my Spica beats it hands down and if u like the tweak mod ability for the spica the samdroid forum is brilliant for the same

9. Rogdor

Rogdor Member

It comes down to personal preferences and what's important to you.

My gf has an HTC Magic (almost the same specs as the HTC Hero) and I have a Galaxy Spica.

Once upgraded to 2.1, the Spica is a little bit faster.

The HTC has a more responsive touchscreen. I've totally gotten used to the Spica's touchscreen, which seems to need firmer presses, but if you hand both devices to someone new, almost everyone prefers the HTC's touchscreen.

For me, a lot of it is form factor. I prefer the Spica's button layout and I like the Spica's lock-key. Another important factor for me is the standard 3.5 miniplug for audio on the Spica (the HTC Magic plays audio via the USB connector, needing special cables, although I'm not sure with the Hero?).

I personally dislike Sense UI, that was a big point for me too.

An important part for a lot of people though: No multitouch on the Spica. It really doesn't matter to me, I hate onscreen gamepad controls and I like to double-tap to zoom instead of pinch.

10. Levite

Levite New Member

I owe a HTC Hero and has the chance to try the Spica as my son owes one. Speed wise, I think Spica is a winner... surfing is abit faster than HERO. For HTC, the draw and strength for me as been the Sense UI and the smooth touchscreen (ie, Spica's screen need a bit of a hard-pressing). However, when Spica is on Android 2.1 and Launcher Pro, wow!

For me, the irks for me is the failure to upgrade to 2.1 for Sense UI. If 2.1 comes to Hero, I believe my bet will still be with HTC.