Samsung sync problem

1. AdeB

AdeB Member

Hi everyone, just joined as I have a syncing problems with my new Galaxy express 2 and my note 10 2014. I have set up Gmail and Hotmail accounts and linked them both via samsung account and even though they both sync individually they will not sync together ?
    I have taken them back to the shop but they were as perplexed as I am, which doesn't say much !!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums. Now I see your having a problem with the mail apk synchronize to your device . may I ask which app do u have the Google snyc set up under . and do u have the box checked to snyc and the snyc set up properly
  3. AdeB

AdeB Member

I have tried using a Hotmail and Gmail account with both the Samsung and Google calendars. Both devices are set up the same and reading the same accounts and when sync is pressed say they have syncd correctly but nothing gets transferred across to either device.
  4. BRAINZ2013

Did u try to go into Google and do it manual just go to settings Google account press the menu key and pop up should say sync or cancel sync . u press sync wait til it turn green
  5. AdeB

AdeB Member

Yep done that on both and both green and both going to same Gmail account but still no transfer
  6. BRAINZ2013

Are you using the correct emails addresses
    Test it by sending a email from one and reply to the other
  7. AdeB

AdeB Member

As far as I am aware yes both devices are currently linked to my Gmail account and should retrieve the same data from there?
  8. AdeB

AdeB Member

Done and working
  9. BRAINZ2013

So u received emails on both
  10. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

For the record ... what was the solution?

... Thom
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  11. BRAINZ2013

Hey I was waiting on that same thing:eek::D
    Thom likes this.
  12. AdeB

AdeB Member

Yes received on both accounts
  13. BRAINZ2013

O OK so the information is showing up nothing wasn't wrong with it sounds like you needed something to sync to it
  14. AdeB

AdeB Member

I have received emails on both accounts but they still won't sync
  15. BRAINZ2013

Did you do a factory reset anytime before this happen
  16. AdeB

AdeB Member

No as both are new, I downloaded a few apps on each and have been using the calendar mainly on my phone.
  17. BRAINZ2013

On the phone do u have for the sync to sync to the phone or the gmail address
  18. AdeB

AdeB Member

19. BRAINZ2013

You may need to put the gmail to its proper gmail app and try to see if it sync
  20. AdeB

AdeB Member

How do you mean I have Google on both and they are set to cync through my Gmail account ?
  21. BRAINZ2013

I never heard of that cause HOTMail is a different sync and Gmail is something different . that's why I said delete the hot mail account and see if gmail works on its own app
  22. AdeB

AdeB Member

Have taken Hotmail off and linked everything to my Gmail. Tried to sync and still nothing getting green ticks so they are both cyncing separately but not connecting
  23. BRAINZ2013

Power down and reboot
  24. BRAINZ2013

Google and hot mail are different hotmail has IMAP and pop3 . just recent pop3 has been pushed world wide . I never seen nor heard of this
  25. AdeB

AdeB Member

Rebooted and still no cync it looks it I may have to do a reset and see what happens