Samsung Tab 2 connection problems

1. amiller0704

amiller0704 New Member

Hi All
    Had Samsung Tab 2 for christmas and used it on christmas day until it would not link with internet. Tried everything but no good so reset to factory settings and all ok.
    Used it again yesterday with no problems until yesterday evening when again it would not locate internet. Reset to factory settings but still no connection. Wi-Fi is switched on and it says signal is very strong. Both my children have i pads and partner has lap top and they have had no connection problems.
    Anyone got any ideas what i should try before taking back to shop
    Thanks in advance for help much appreciated:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

Hi, amiller.

You will need to provide more info bout your device such as the model number and firmware you are using. ^---VERY IMPORTANT! Otherwise no one can help.

:dontknow:
  3. champychris

champychris New Member

I know this isn't helpful (yet), but just to say that we have exactly the same problem. Got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for Christmas [(GT-P5110) Android version 4.0.4]

Set up fine and wireless worked fine. Then then went on the family tour, where it worked with all of their various wireless networks fine as well.

Then got home and, though it would connect with our wireless, it would not connect with the internet, whereas all our other devices (laptops, iphones etc) had no problems.

What we tried:
    Turn off router and back on (usually fixes things!) - nope
    Forget network on Tab and reconnect - nope
    Turn off both tab and router and then back on - nope
    Reset the router itself - nope

The nub of the problem seemed to be that the tab had no ip address assigned to it. If you went to connect to wireless - advanced; there would be no IP address listed, and this seemed to be the problem, as though the tab thought it was connected to the wireless (and I think it was, as the bars showed in the bottom left and the arrows flashed to indicate data going in and out), it simply wouldn't connect to the internet, apps etc etc.

Apparently, this has been an issue with the original tab as well, related to the way that the Tab remembers the original DHCP IP address given to it and then refuses to accept another one if you turn off your router for any reason (which we have to do from time to time when it throws a hissy fit).

In the end, we had to reset the tab to factory settings, whereupon the wifi worked again. But I'm dreading the next time it drops out as I'm not wanting to restore my tab every few days!

Will update if we get anywhere.